Help. Desperation. Accountability.

• Administrators

Soo.... how's everyone doing on (ending the) procrastinating?

Alternatively, anyone gotten anything done lately?

ThyPeace, had 120 emails in her inbox at noon.  Now has 54.

Thanks for checking up!  This week was not awesome but today my mental fog seems to have cleared somewhat (Day 5 Whole30) and I'm tortoise-ing my way through my workload.  :)

That mental fog combined with being a procrastinator is a terrible, terrible combination.

Soo.... how's everyone doing on (ending the) procrastinating?

Alternatively, anyone gotten anything done lately?

ThyPeace, had 120 emails in her inbox at noon. Now has 54.

I designated one notebook for getting those items out of my head and on to paper. Started working on them. It is satisfying to mark them off when they are completed. Been taking time to focus on my breath several times a day.

Still struggling to get through one day without sugar. Trying again today. This time I went to the store and stocked up on everything that helped me through the first days of my whole60. Put away my coffee pot for the third time in the last month. Hopefully it stays put up!!

Thanks for asking!!

Keep trying!  Remember -- you can choose to have sugar another time.  I do it all the time.  "That looks good!  I'll try it sometime later."

ThyPeace, trying to leave on a jet plane.  Only two cancellations so far today.  Sigh.

Keep trying!  Remember -- you can choose to have sugar another time.  I do it all the time.  "That looks good!  I'll try it sometime later."

This! I was on a Whole 30 last year when a friend got SUPER excited because she'd made gluten free cookies so I could have some! I thanked her and told her that while I wasn't going to eat it that day, I would take it home and put it in the freezer for later. I did that, and honestly it took me several weeks after my Whole 30 to finally want it badly enough to eat it. Something about knowing it was there and I *could* have it if I really decided I needed something sweet kept me from actually needing it. Brain, why do you make no sense?

I make really good choices when I think, mindlessness and lack of awareness are my enemies. Pre w30 I could eat something and not note the texture or the flavour, and it would be gone without my even being aware that it was going in.

I like the new recipes and the new awareness of food that came with the w30. But when the day goes wrong, i feel that it would be easy enough to slip back into bad habits.

That said, I live alone and have total control over what comes in, unless I start stealing the dog's biscuits!

Thanks Thypeace!  I have been through this cycle before and I always come out the end thinking "well that wasn't so bad, why did I wait so long/avoid it so long and stress myself silly?" and yet I find myself back in the same boat before too long.

This is what happens to me when it's time to clean the bathrooms. I spend a week or two worrying about getting it done, but not doing it. Then once I finally get to it, I think, "wow, that was really no big deal."

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!  I did indeed finally make it onto an airplane.  It was a tough start, but the rest of the vacation was fantastic.  I'll update my own stuff on my thread when I have a few minutes, but wanted to check in here first.  

Whole30Sue, so glad you made it through that one day without coffee, sugar, or dairy!  Now you know it's possible.  How has it been going since then?  Totally love that you put stuff down in your notebook and started checking things off.  You go girl!  Those are so fun.  And remember -- there is also the line-through which means, "I thought this needed to be done.  But it doesn't.  So I'm not going to do it."  I use that one, too, on occasion.

MrsStick, that's what I do, too!  I had a cupcake in the freezer for six weeks or so.  I did finally eat and thoroughly enjoy it... but it didn't have to be Right Then And There.

McNix, dog biscuits sound nasty!  Good thing you have control of what comes in the house.  I do, too, but I do buy non-compliant things for DD.  But hey, she asked for baked kale and bites of my burger the other day.  Little victories...

fmr_sailor, Bathrooms are a great time-waster for me!  When I have some other thing I need to be doing, all kinds of housework tends to get finished, along with any other physical work I can find.  But then again, most of the "hard" stuff I have to do involves telling people they can't do something they want to do.  So physical work feels much simpler.  Probably that's my own little quirk, rather than something everyone experiences.

ThyPeace, wants to work at a water park when she grows up.  

• 3 weeks later...

This is an amazing thread and I thank all who jumped in to help because it is helps all of us.  For those of us with a complicated and troubled relationship with feeding ourselves it is never "over."  It is an ongoing process that takes courage and focus.  Some days (weeks, months, years!!) we feel hopeless and some days (weeks, months, years!!) we feel like warrior women!  Those of us at the top of the mountain need to hold out a hand to those of us at the bottom facing the long climb, once again.  But all of us who continue to reach towards a better life, no matter where we are on that mountain, are showing such great strength.   

AnnC (who is also struggling) 

Archived