Not sure if I have to start over...

ck35

I am not sure if I need to start over or not. Right now, I have some chicken breasts marinating in a mix of Frank's Red Hot Sauce (compliant one), Zesty Herbamare (also compliant) and salsa. The salsa has 'spices' listed which I know may have MSG or even wheat/gluten in the form of various "extracts". I stupidly decided to check the label after I had tasted a tablespoon to see if it was still good and still AFTER I added it to my meat. The reason I grabbed for the salsa in the fridge is because I distinctly remember reading the ingredients prior to my W30 and saying, "Good to know I can use this". I forgot about the ever vague and sometimes problematic "spices". I have emailed the company and hope to hear from them tomorrow. Like I said at the beginning of this post, I am unsure if I should start over. Also, sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I thought about posting it in the Condiments forum but I wasn't asking about the ingredients in a particular product.

• Moderators

Maybe the better question is, "Do you want to start over to make sure you get a full 30 clean days?" It's your health and your test to see what 30 clean days is like.

Personally, I avoid using spice blends. I prefer to make my own "blends" when cooking.

I'm moving this topic to the "Can I have?" section as it fits best there.

I know this is coming after the fact, but I still hope it helps.

I'm not sure where in the program you are, but chances are you're far enough along to really feel it if there was anything too nasty in your salsa. While "spices" may contain MSG or wheat flour, it may also just be coriander and cumin ;0) One trick I've learned is to look for the allergen warning on the label (in the US). If it says wheat, soy or milk then that product is out no matter what the ingredients list.

I know this is coming after the fact, but I still hope it helps.

I'm not sure where in the program you are, but chances are you're far enough along to really feel it if there was anything too nasty in your salsa. While "spices" may contain MSG or wheat flour, it may also just be coriander and cumin ;0) One trick I've learned is to look for the allergen warning on the label (in the US). If it says wheat, soy or milk then that product is out no matter what the ingredients list.

That is a great trick Robin!

Archived