Really having trouble figuring out eating schedule

buckeyegal

I am planning my first Whole 30 hopefully starting Aug 1 and am having a tough time figuring our how to make it work with my lifestyle.  Any ideas you might have I would greatly appreciate it.

Awake at 415 ( Take Synthroid which has to be taken on an empty stomach, preferably an hour before meals)

Gym by 450-0600 ( heavy weight lifting for 45-50 min and PIlates for about 15 minutes)

Shower at gym and drive directly to work

Once at work (about 0645) I start my day and may not get a break until lunchtime (which can be anywhere between 11 and 1) I work in the operating room so no options to eat while working, only if someone is nice enough to get me a break

My Questions

1. I can't do a pre WO meal because it will interfere with my medication  Is that ok to skip?

2. Post workout I can make work with a small baggy of meat and sweet potatoes in the car or hard boiled egg whites right?

3.  When then is breakfast?  I very often do not have time for an additional meal once I leave the car?  I may have time for a snack if I am given a break but unreliable at best.    Do I just make my post WO food my first meal?    Do I try to eat my post WO meal while I am getting ready at the gym and then try to eat something else  about 1/2 hour later right before I get to work? 

I am so confused.  I really want to do this but need to figure out the logistics before I start.  HIstorically I have just been doing a green smoothie with added vegan protein and pumpkin/chia seeds which was easy but often didn't carry me to lunch and lately has been giving me some GI distress.

Sorry this is so long winded.  Thanks

Kristen

• Moderators

Your post-workout meal should be in addition to breakfast, so it sounds like your best option would be workout, have your post-wo (egg whites or lean meat with some sweet potato is great), then shower and get ready, then at some point, have your breakfast -- if that means drive to work and sit in your car to eat, it's not ideal, but it's better than not having a meal. Your post WO doesn't need to be big -- just a few bites of protein and a few bites of sweet potato.

• Moderators

No, this doesn't matter.  Post WO is only a couple bites of food to give your muscles nutrition when they're most open for it.  It's not a huge meal, so you should definitely still be hungry for a full template meal, especially if you worked out on empty.

Archived