Empowered and Succeeding at Whole 30

jeanbean

Im excited on Day one of my whole 30..  Grocery shopping took more time than usual yesterday and food prep was a bit stressful with my 3 kids bickering thru out.  I feel good though, know that I CAN DO THIS and I WILL DO IT..there is no going back just taking one step forward or rather one bite forward at a time.  :)

Meal 1~ Ground beef seasoned w pepper and garlic powder, a fried egg both wrapped in romaine lettuce.  Half an apple and unsweet iced tea

Meal 2~ Baked chicken thigh seasoned w salt, pepper and garlic powder on a bed of lettuce, one tomato mixed with tahini dressing.  Iced water

Tahini dressing is freaking amazing and sooo easy to make!!! Thank you to Well Fed for the recipe for that and the chicken thighs..

Meal 3~ olives, almonds, cherries and sunflower seeds w ice water

Ended up making sunshine sauce w cashew butter and its awesome! Had it over a chicken thigh. Got thru day 1.

I have never been a big meat eater so having it at every meal is a big change for me. Im used to being a carb hound so eating enuf protein is difficult.

Day 2

Need to get used to having protein for breakfast. My stomach isnt used to it.

Meal 1 half sweet potato w ground beef and romaine lettuce topped w sunshine sauce. Iced tea unsweet

Meal 2 chicken thigh w tahini sauce, a tomato, an avocado on romaine lettuce, iced coffee w coconut milk, ice h2o

Snack can of olives, almonds

Meal 3 spinach sauteed in coconut oil, ground beef, sunshine sauce, raspberries w coconut oil and strawberries

Tomorrow my goal is to eat more veggies. Bought Vegetti to make some cucumber and zucchini

Spirals. :)

Day 3

Last nite my sleep was nil and I felt very anxious and depressed. Not sure why that happened.

Hope today is better.

Meal 1 two fried eggs in coconut oil, raspberries in coconut milk(very little) spiraled cucumbers sauteed w sunshine sauce. Iced tea

• Moderators

Day 3

Last nite my sleep was nil and I felt very anxious and depressed. Not sure why that happened.

Hope today is better.

Meal 1 two fried eggs in coconut oil, raspberries in coconut milk(very little) spiraled cucumbers sauteed w sunshine sauce. Iced tea

Some people find that having starchy vegetables with their final meal of the day helps them to sleep better, so you might try that for a day or two and see what happens.

In general, most people feel better if they have at least a fist-size serving of starchy vegetable each day, but some people may need even more -- those who are very active, women who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or in the week leading up to their period, and those who are prone to depression and anxiety. You might try a second serving.

Day 4~wahoo!!!

Last nite met up w resistance from hubby due to

Eating this way. Overall stressful day.

Today is a new day.

Meal 1 chocolate chili w tahini w spinach. Iced tea

Meal 2 nectarine, 2 fried eggs in ghee, spinach, an avocado

Snack macadamias pumpkin seeds coconut shredded dried cranberries, water

Meal 3 steak, sauteed mushroom and spinach in ghee, coconut milk, water

Feeling tired and annoyed. Wondering if carbs helped w mood.

Day 5!!

Meal 1 two fried eggs in ghee, romaine lettuce iced tea

Meal 2 chicken fried in ghee w coconut milk, ginger, garlic, salt pepper and half sweet potato. Perrier

Meal 3 chocolate chili, cashew butter, sunshine sauce

Not a big appetite at supper

Day 6

Meal 1 chocolate chili w tahini dressing

Meal 2 cauliflower rice, groundbeef, homemade salsa, pineapple mixed w coconut milk

Just realized I could have made pineapple salsa! Next time. ;)

Meal 3 really didnt feel hungry. Had cauliflower rice w can of olives. Water.

Day 7!!!

Meal 1 chocolate chili w salsa and tahini dressing

Meal 2 carnitas from theclothesthatmakethegirl.com, cauliflower rice, salsa

Meal 3 carnitas, avocado, sweet potato, zucchini

Kids and hubs happy w meal too. Feeling inspired w my cooking. :)

Snack macadamias, dried cranberries and shredded coconut

Day 10 today was a goofy day

Meal 1 tuna in olive oil, zucchini, raspberries

Meal 2 pecans iced tea. At beach for few hours and this was my only option. I should have prepared better. It is what it is.

Meal 3 very hungry at this point. And tired. Really wanted to just veg in front of tv w bag of chips. I didnt.

Had tuna in olive oil, an avocado, pumpkin seeds, mustard, cashew butter, macadamias, cherries. Too tired to

Cook. Couldnt eat leftovers. So sick of meat.

Archived