Started today -9-9-12 introduction

tri2513

Hello paleo community. I have dabbled a little in Paleo since January and feel I officially have everything in order to start Whole 30. After reading, reading and more reading, along with a lot of cooking I plan on being successful with a little help over those rough spots. In the last 9 months I have explored what our paleo/non paleo household looks like. Having a non-paleo husband and 60/40 paleo children has had its ups and downs. Our boys 8 and 5 have eliminated almost all processed food at home, but then there is school lunch, and grandma's :) My husband is thoroughly supportive - toting bags of food everywhere we go, keeping his snacks at the office, and cheering me on through my fitness success and failure.

I have a solid relationship with exercise but struggle with chronic cardio vs. calories and cravings. I have done cross-fit for the last three years, and started running, and doing sprint triathlons two years ago. 10 weeks ago in an effort to do something different, I did a kickboxing/bands program thinking I would lose the last 10 pounds. No changes at all....hence I was a little disappointed after 10 weeks, six days a week and no change.

New plan....Whole 30 started today..and back to crossfit next Monday after a week off to let my body relax and reset.

Wish me luck, and I will have a lot of questions.

• Moderators

Welcome.

Training intensely 6 days a week is not conducive to losing weight. Your body goes into conservation mode when you stress it and training 6 days a week tends to be stressful. You might find weight loss easier to achieve limiting your training to 4 days per week.

Good Morning! I started Whole30 yesterday as well! I had an anxiety attack about it on Friday but turned it around to an adventure into planning, preparing, and eating a new way. I am a foodie and cooking and food is a big part of my life so by looking at this as a learning adventure rather than something to fear, I am now excited about it. Still nervous!

Best luck!!!!

Archived