Third Tiger : Was BBNSS

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was 30 compliant. From June 22nd to July 22 exactly 30 days..

My reintro was slow and now it's almost over or so I thought.

Why do I need to be reset?

I think the issue is MeGA that you had a day or two where you reintro'ed a number of food groups on one go - pasta salad, alcohol, baked goods etc. The wheat alone in that negated any gut reset that you had so eating compliant foods for two or three days before doing further reintros didn't really give you a true indication of how your body does or doesn't react to potential gut irritants - personally (& speaking as a mum of a son who has genuine food allergies) I'd have left at least a week, but most likely two (as was the UK Allergy protocol when introducing foods to my son's diet during weaning) before trying anything new...

In general terms I know that for most people wheat/grain & sugar most definitely affect AT LEAST mood (more often also the digestive tract), dairy affects energy levels/sleep quality/sinuses/digestion, alcohol affects sleep quality/mood/food choices, legumes affect primarily the digestive tract.... But without a clean slate for each & every reintro you aren't to know how each food group will affect you - and the affects of each food group can take days to show...

What do you really miss? What do you legitimately see yourself eating maybe once a week or fortnight? What can you see yourself eating more often than 'special occasions'? What can you genuinely do without? You need to fully understand if that weekly scoop of home-made ice cream is going to be REALLY worth it, or if needs to be saved for weddings & funerals....

In simple terms (& without meaning to offend) 'Off-roading' in the midst of reintro is not off-roading - it's going off the rails.

And without a proper reintro your Whole30 is really just a diet IMHO. 

Please understand I don't eat junk food every weekend. We eat real food. I cook 20 meals per week. We eat out maybe once a week or two weeks and they're always healthy choices. Similar to at home. I didn't come from that world.

Just because I made everything from scratch means it was a healthier outcome. I'm not going to debate. I understand the program. You could say we ate Paleo-ish. I don't eat processed food So does that mean my one off the rails day non W30 was blown. I'm hearing yes it was and a proper reintro it was not.

What do I miss? Really nothing but pasta once per week and cheese.

A little heads up would have been surely appreciated. Ouch.

I've never been a quitter so I'm getting on with the show.... Back to 30 more....

Those things I thought I was reintroducing were something I eat once in awhile. Those are banned. Hit the stop button. Here I go.

MeGA - no need for another 30days unless that's what you really want - just a 10-14 day reset before you reintro anything further.

It doesn't matter if it's home-cooked, store-bought, or a highly processed micro-wave dinner - if it's got something off plan it's a part of your reintro and you need to account for it - and you've read Melissa's opinion on the whole 'well, at least it's better than....'

What you do after your 30days is entirely up to you - we've just been trying to guide you along the way so as you can develop a long term maintenance plan to reap the benefits.

As for the heads up - read the WD30 thread!! Meadow is posting reintro & maintenance advice daily - you just have to read it & heed it - she knows her stuff.

As a moderator I can only advise you on what you do during your 30days - listen & take heed to what Meadow & SpinSpin are telling you regarding your maintenance plan. REALLY listen.

Don't quit. And reintro exactly what you like - slowly - no more than once a week (although preferably two weeks or more!!) at each meal in the day and pay attention to how they REALLY effect you (mood, emotions, digestive, sleep, breathing, skin, bowel movements etc) to know exactly where you are going forward.

Thanks Jmcbn...
I do read all the posts not just hurry through them and "like" each one. I'm not going through the motions as some are. I'm listening learning and I really pay attention to the details of W30.

All Mods welcome.

I actually post the truth. I don't sugar coat. So when I posted all the off-roading I did expect some reply .... since I am in the top dozen members who post regularly I know someone is reading this.

I am still here.
I'm not going anywhere fast. I don't tell stories. I'm a real person with a real brain.

#17275Great uplifting quote for the day

Posted by Derval on 11 August 2012 - 08:18 AM

"You are not your bra-size, nor are you the width of your waist, nor are you the slenderness of your calves. You are not your hair color, your skin color, nor are you a shade of lipstick. Your shoe-size is of no consequence. You are not defined by the amount of attention you get from males or females. You are not the number of sit-ups you can do nor are you the number of calories in a day.

You are the content of your character. You are the ambitions that drive you. You are the goals that you set. You are the things that you laugh at and the words that you say. You are the thoughts you think and the things you wonder. You are beautiful and desirable not for the clique you attend, but for the spark of life within you that compels you to make your life a full and meaningful one. You are beautiful, not for the shape of the vessel, but for the soul it carries."

Robin Strathdee, Renee Lee, Megan Claydon and 35 others like this Like This

This was a good one

Yes OH I liked that one particularly. How's your day? You're working hard I know. It pays off.

Started off with some coffee.. yes I have to quit. I'm thinking maybe today.

I've already had four eggs and a mix of vegi's.

I hope your day goes well!  and may you be more visible :)

So here's the thing ... Don't wear lots of perfume. It's unladylike.

I don't care for perfume. Most people who wear it often, wear too much; makes it so I can't stand to be near it.  I worked in a small photography store for a while and I remember one time a lady came in doused in perfume, after she left we propped the doors open to air out the store. It lingered for a long long time.   LOL

Where we end up in our future W30-ish life depends solely and squarely on us as individuals which I have always stressed.

This wonderful program truly sets us free from the clutches of those rounds in food decision making. I love the progress I've made and have every intention of staying the course. We all need this forum for many reasons.

Archived