Day 17

Jwillow

Hi

I really have not had one bad day on this. I have never really been a sweet eater so giving up sugar was not hard. The carb thing was a little tough but other than that all is good, except......is there such thing as eating too much, i try to use the measurements in the book but i wonder if I am serving myself two much protein . I know i will be asked what a day looks like for me so below is my daily intake and I pretty much eat the same thing during the week. I feel a bit bloated with gas and my clothes fit a little tighter. I know it says that will happen but I thought I was past that. I think I have a "very little bit" of discouraged thinking going on right now..also, i find myself tired during the day the last few days.

Idea of my daily intake

Breakfast

3 small white pototes cut and stir fried with a roma tomato and purple onions then put that on top of two over easy eggs.

salsa

lunch-ground beef on top of a large green salad, 1/2 avacado and olive oil and vinagar for salad dressing  

some grapes and canteloupe

dinner- chicken breast, spaghetti squash, and 1 avacado and ghee on my squash.

• Moderators

Hi Jwillow;

I sincerely do not think you're eating too much... in fact, I think the opposite.

Eggs, when they are your sole source of protein are as many as you can hold in one hand without dropping.  I know you can hold more than two!

As for the bloating and gas, onions and cruciferous veggies along with most raw veggies can be hard on the stomach.  Try cooking veggies and taking out the onions.

I also think that you may not be eating enough of the non-starchy veg which could contribute to feeling less optimal digestively.  You have squash and potatoes for your main veg at two meals and then only a tomato and a salad for the rest of your veg for the day.

Try really following the recommendations on the template for a few days and see how that goes... that might also help with feeling discouraged.. especially if you spend any amount of time feeling hungry!

As SugarcubeOD said in her earlier post when eggs are your only source of protein in a meal you should be eating as many whole eggs as you can hold in one hand - that's 3-4 for most people - you are eating only 2.

2 cups of ground beef probably equates to 2 palm sized pieces of meat - it's not solid remember, and unless you're packing that cup tightly with beef it's really not that much.

A chicken breast is probably about a palm and a half.

Remember also that the meal template is the minimum recommendation - it's really okay to eat more if you need to do so to keep you satiated for 4-5 hrs.

Archived