simple ingredients, simple recipes, simply sourced?

brent83

So I've been doing a ton of recipe searching and while I have found a few I like, it seems like more and more of them are a little too fancy for my taste (lots of ingredients, cooking time, etc (and probably will take too long to make for a novice cooker like me). What are your guys' favorite simple dinner recipes? For instance I have made spaghett with zuchinni noodles (easy to make), meatballs, taco lettuce wraps. I'm looking for stuff that is eaisly sourcable (ground beef, salmon, chicken breasts) that I can make tasty.

At this moment I don't really have a desire to buy duck, venison, etc etc. Just want some simple recipes starting out that won't get too boring.

Any help is appreciated!

ps - most my dinners are used as leftovers for lunch the next day, so anything that is good for lunch as well is perfect!

I make a lot of stir fries

Use lots of veggies of your choice,add a few nuts ,spices,coconut vingar or coconut amino sauce

Can stir fry chicken with it or meat strips.

Also I bake / roast veggies

I eat salad and panfried fish which is also nice cold the next day

If i feel energetic I make salmon cakes

Also it's easy to roast a whole chicken which is good the next day

I also don't like recipes with lots of ingredients and am not keen on fancy food

I like my food really simple too. My family has bond list burgers or grass fed beef hot dogs fruit and a salad every we fruit and a salad every week at least one night for dinner. Omelettes are easy and good for dinner if you fill them with peppers, onions, mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, spinach, prosciutto etc. The whole family loves it. Hollandaise sauce made with clarified butter or some guacamole or salsa are good additions.

Good luck!

I like my food really simple too. My family has bunless burgers or grass fed beef hot dogs, steamed veggies, fruit and a salad every week at least one night for dinner. Omelettes are easy and good for dinner if you fill them with peppers, onions, mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, spinach, prosciutto etc. The whole family loves it. Hollandaise sauce made with clarified butter or some guacamole or salsa are good additions.

Good luck!

I mostly throw stuff together for each meal. Breakfast is 3 eggs and a bunch of veggies. Sometimes we go fresh, this week we are doing a lot of frozen. We went to BJs (local warehouse club) and got a huge bag of mixed frozen veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, squash, carrots & zucchini). For breakfast, we put enough for both of us in our steamer pot, plopped a spoon of coconut oil on top, sprinkled with spices (S&P, cumin & parsley) and let it steam. I added some fresh cabbage towards the end to bulk up the veggies.

For dinner, we normally have some form of protein (last night was grilled grass fed burgers) and I like to sautee veggies. I sliced a red bell pepper, a few carrots, 2 small zucchini, some onion & cabbage. Heat your skillet for a few minutes, add your fat (I always use coconut oil), then throw in your veggies. Stir to coat & season. Last night I did S&P, and curry powder. Usually add 1/2 an avocado to the plate and dump hot sauce all over.

I can mix up the veggie combos or if I get tired of this (which I do), I'll do a recipe or 2. Sometimes we grill our veggies, I have a nice grill basket. I just chop stuff up and toss in coconut oil and throw on the grill. Carrots are great in a foil packet on the grill. I cut them up like french fries, toss in coconut oil & season then wrap it up tight and cook on the grill. They come out really good.

We also get sausage from BJs (can't wait for my BF to be done with his W30 so we can try some diff flavors!) and we will do kebobs one night a week usually. Sausage, peppers, onions & mushrooms. Then I'll usually do some leafy greens on the side.

For meats, we usually get chicken breast (organic from BJs) for our lunches which have been salads, and then either thighs or drumsticks for some dinner proteins. These come in smaller sealed packages so you can freeze some if you want. We usually get the sausage as I mentioned and then we get beef from a local farmer. Usually I have a few lbs of ground beef on hand in the freezer and another cut of meat. We had some ground local pork last week that we made into burgers for one dinner and sausage the next morning.

Get playful in the kitchen!!

I like my food really simple too. My family has bunless burgers or grass fed beef hot dogs, steamed veggies, fruit and a salad every week at least one night for dinner. Omelettes are easy and good for dinner if you fill them with peppers, onions, mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, spinach, prosciutto etc. The whole family loves it. Hollandaise sauce made with clarified butter or some guacamole or salsa are good additions.

Good luck!

That sounds like my house. There are 3 meals I can count on every week - burgers, hot dogs (which means left over burgers for me, since I don't like the hot dogs), and roast beef (my 4 year old's favorite). Makes meal planning and shopping easier and saves a bunch of dollars, too!

Oh my goodness, frittatas! I have made one every single week of my Whole30 thus far (I'm on my last week!). There is an excellent base recipe in ISWF that I've modified slightly during my Sunday cook-a-thon. I (or someone else on here, I'm sure) could go dig up the details if you don't have the book, but all you do is take a big pan - I use my wok! -, sautee a bunch of whatever veggies you feel like, maybe add a bit of pre-cooked meat, dump in 9 whisked eggs and seasonings and cook it slightly on the stovetop...then pour the whole thing into a casserole dish, pop it in the oven at 325-350 for ~20 minutes or until it gets fluffy.

This is my favorite food because not only is it freaking delicious (especially when you can score some nice fresh veggies from the farmer's market - for example, leeks and asparagus with grass-fed ground beef, my mouth is watering just thinking about it), but it's perfect for all three meals. I'm now at the point where I see no problem with having beef stew for breakfast, but when I first started out, I loved having leftovers of this in my fridge to wake up to. A 9-egg frittata gives me about four meals.

Our dinners are pretty simple, but I try not to repeat things each week cause my family likes variety, unfortunately. There are only 2 proteins I could repeat weekly if I wanted to. That's beef brisket with left overs made into vaca frita and pernil (Puerto Rican roasted pork shoulder), I've cooked quiet a few meals from the "Well Fed" cookbook. We are especially enjoying the different salad dressings. I'm also cooking from the ISWF book.

Some of what we have had:

Breakfast: usually scrambled eggs and homemade sausage or sugar free bacon. I switch up the eggs by adding different veggies. Mushrooms (left over from steak dinner) and fresh spinach has been our fav. I make a scrambled omelette. If I don't add veggies to the eggs, we eat sliced tomatoes with breakfast. Either red tomatoes or green ones that I drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle sea salt on.

Lunch: leftovers from dinner; will either be the protein and side of veggies or the protein on top of a salad. If no protein leftovers, I make up a bowl of tuna salad and put that over baby spinach.

Dinner: Proteins: baked salmon http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/perfect-paleo-baked-salmon-185620/ , baked chicken leg quarters seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder (skin on and baked crispy, personal preference here) served with chopped onion sprinkled on top, Chocolate Chilihttp://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2009/02/22/my-favorite-chili-recipe/ , beef brisket & pernil (both of these gives us several days of leftovers), asian beef and broccoli (ISWF recipe) and frittata (ISWF recipe)

Dinner veggies: avocado and tomato drizzled with EVOO and sea salt, sweet potato coins (baked sweet potatoes, cooled, sliced, fried in just a bit of coconut oil till crispy on both sides), bacon pecan brussel sprouts http://paleomg.com/bacon-pecan-brussel-sprouts/ (make sure bacon is SF), coconut curry cauliflower and steamed broccoli tossed in ghee and seasoned.

Those are a few of the foods we have had that stand in my memory, so those must be the ones the family liked most.

Archived