Weight Loss & Post Whole30

BirdyP

I thought that might be the response I'd get! Just feeling a little beat up today! Was really hoping for SOMEthing! I understand & know it takes time! I'm kinda thinking I may need to try a day totally off during the week. Thought the AR day would do it! Because I always want to push harder!! Not always the answer I guess!

I thought that might be the response I'd get! Just feeling a little beat up today! Was really hoping for SOMEthing! I understand & know it takes time! I'm kinda thinking I may need to try a day totally off during the week. Thought the AR day would do it! Because I always want to push harder!! Not always the answer I guess!

Aaaah, yes. Yes you do.

Over training is only putting your body under stress.

Take a rest day for sure.

Ok, let me re say that! Saturday is my off day. Usually either some yoga or just totally off. I usually keep pretty busy on Saturday running errands and such. But what I was saying is maybe I need to add another OFF day during the week. Sleep in a little past 4:30am!! Probably could get another hour, maybe Wednesday or Thursday. Thoughts? I just have a hard time doing NOTHING!! That is why I thought the AR day would benefit me. We I do nothing I always feel sluggish. I like the morning workouts to give me that boost! Although I felt pretty miserable and exhausted all day yesterday and last night. Thoughts?

If you're feeling exhausted and miserable, then honor that and give your body some rest. Remember that the harder you workout, the more rest you need. Those elite athletes who do two-a-days 6x/wk are doing it in the context of someone who has maximized their nutrition and their only job is to workout. They don't have to balance another job and they likely have people supporting them in keeping up with good food, rest, etc. The average person doesn't have that support network so it can be unrealistic to expect to keep up a high training volume over an extended period of time.

Hi there!  I have no particular thoughts to add, as you are at least two levels of fitness above where I am.  So I will only note that one thing to consider is that you want to (at a very minimum) STAY at that high level of fitness.  One key is to make sure that you don't get injured -- either with a form error or fall, or with an overuse injury.  I think that's another reason to carefully look at your rest patterns.  Good to see that you're getting 8 hours of sleep, and yet I'm wondering what happens on a day when there are no alarms set.  Do you sleep more than 8 hours?

ThyPeace, noticed a new place where there's muscle under the fat today.  I'll take that as positive.

Thank you!! And, um,....................I NEVER do not have an alarm set! :( I ALWAYS feel like I have to DO something. Honestly I even set an alarm to meditate on the weekends before the rest of the crew gets up!! Maybe I will consider giving it as try. Thank you!!

"I ALWAYS feel like I have to DO something."

I think, Holmes, that we have found our smoking gun.   :D 

ThyPeace, doing Nothing is hard for those of us with little voices in our heads (you know, the ones that start with "I... ") that are terrified of Not Being Necessary.  

Archived