Tsh higher after whole30, new symptoms

MK0306

Hi!

I began whole30 to improve health, energy, mood, hypothyroidism, sleep. By day 14, I began having *new* episodes of tightness in chest, shortness of breath, more anger, anxiety, impatience. I originally attributed it to anxiety and not using food for comfort.

I'm on day 34 now, lost a lot of weight, and my tsh is now higher than it was before whole30! I'm impatient, tired, moody. My naturopath suggests I start seeing an MD. I'm working on a functional medicine doctor, having a tough time finding one.

Anyway, I'm looking at the stop the thyroid madness site and of course self diagnosing and freaking myself out. Adrenals? Cortisol? Reverse t3? My tsh is 8.1, freet3 is normal but on lower end, t4 free normal.

Should i stop whole30, as I've never before felt this chest tightness, shortness of breath, etc. I know veggies, protein and healthy fats can't ever be bad for me, but....what is going on!

I'm 31, nursing 11 month old, may have some thrush still, and a parasite according to naturopath.

Would love any insight, suggestions, personal stories.

Thanks!

I can't think of any reason why eating protein, vegetables and healthy fats would cause chest tightness and shortness of breath.

In my mind, there is something else medically going on for you, and I would see a medical professional ASAP.

Your TSH is high, yet your symptoms are more hyper thyroid than hypo. Are you auto-immune hypo? It is possible that by doing a W30 you have lessened the inflammation that can cause AI Hypo (Hashimoto's) and your thyroid is now working normally. Are you on any meds at all? I've had all of these symptoms when my Synthroid was increased and it was too much.

Hi guys! Thanks for your replies. I'm working with a naturopath and on supplements, moving to a functional medicine doc. Free t4 is normal, free t3 is normal but on lower range. I'm thinking sluggish adrenals. Synthroid is not the way to go in my case....stop the thyroid madness website has been so enlightening.

Archived