September 10th - Day One: My first step on this journey :-)

Quinn

Hi All. First post. I picked up this book yesterday, read 1/3 of the book, got the necessary foods, and I am diving in starting today. Just through my first meal and I will post how it goes. Had lean protein with some olive oil, bell peppers, and tomatoes for meal one.

I will post more, but wish me luck...Off to a cross fit workout shortly :)

-Quinn

I hope this is the right forum to post daily sucess...

Day one: Very sucessful. For meal one, I had organic chicken sausage, tomatoes, and bell pepers. For meal 2, I had some yams, bell pepper, green onion, grass feed beef, cashews, and some mango. For meal 3, a huge salad with the beef/cashew blend from lunch. I also did one hour of cross-fit (still sore today)

Overall, feeling okay. A bit groggy, but slept well. I do feel different, in a good way. Trying to drink lots of water...Also huge awareness as to just how many chemicals are in our food (and that I am avoiding). I used to drink a few healthy energy drinks, and even those have some bad things in them....

Day started with basically the same breakfast as yesterday. I am working on trying to judge portion control better, as I don't want to starve nor stuff myself....

All, this is day 5. I am feeling 10x better than day one. Feel very alert and very good. I have a pretty good groove on foods, and my wife just came home with the "everday paleo cookbook" which was a nice gift. I am starting to branch out, and last night had salmon cakes with a salad. Today, chicken with veggies, cashews, and apples. I am trying to add in sweet potatoe to my meals when I have a work out that day, and that is helping.

In addition to how I am feeling, I am blown away by how much our normal stores do not have good healthy products.

Bring on the day!

Good Morning everyone. Start of Day 8 for me. I had some major tough spots over the weekend, but worked through them. It started with delaying my dinner for several hours, and I was already hungry. I had a big energy drop and felt sick. Next day, was not feeling good and so did not eat much for breakfast. As a result, felt like I had a bad flu bug as my energy was so down. Solution was to make some foods that sounded good, and have some small snacks and slowly build up my blood sugar. By mid-day, I was feeling much better. This morning, I feel really strong, and a good amount of energy! Can't believe I made it to day 8! Oh, and to my friends on here, yea...I had cravings. Tacos and protein shakes....too wierd! LOL

Good Morning everyone. This is the start of day 9. Pretty cool I am nearly hitting the double digit days. Any words of wisdom on things that I should expect?

Program is going well overall. Meals are dialed in and I am adding 1-2 snacks a day on workout days to help me with the low blood sugar, and that seems to work well. Too funny that I have been undereating. My relationship with food is changing, and that is a good thing. I got an email from a friend of mine congratulating me on my progress and reminding me, it takes 20 days to make or break a habbit. Guess I am half way there :-)

Archived