Matzo Balls

KathyV

I am making a chicken soup form "Bowls of Love" and it has "Matzo" Balls.  The ingredients are: 4 eggs 2 TBS Chicken Fat  (or olive oi) 3 cup's almond flour 2tsp. sea salt, pepper and parsley.  Even though it is all compliant, but would the small balls in the soup be ok ?  No problem omitting them, but it sounds like a good addition.

Thanks

It's all about context. Personally I wouldn't think there'd be anything 'doughy goodness-like' about these, given that they're made with chicken fat & parsley. I'm assuming they're more of a soggy dumpling type thing although I could be wrong given that I haven't actually read the recipe, although I have googled a bit.

Let's say the jury's out until one/some of the other mods gives their opinion.

I am enjoying the soup right now, without the balls.  After reading jmcbn's answer I thought I was clear for take-off, then I continued to read each respones, and missmary, you are right.  But the making meatballs sound like a good idea for soups or even put them in broths.  The soup already has 4lb whole chicken shredded into it.  Best part?  I have a nice carcass for broth!

Thanks everyone for your input, always appreciated.

Archived