Organic Rice Concentrate

kruddock

I know this is probably non-compliant but I thought I would double check. I bought Simply Organic brand chili powder and this is in the list of ingredients. Can someone please confirm it's not allowed. Thanks.

• 2 years later...
  • Rice Concentrate or "rice hulls" are the fiber & silica portion of the outer layer of the rice.  It does not contain any of the white rice.  It is used as an anti-caking agent to replace the synthetic "silicon dioxide".  Clean label ingredient alternative that is certified organic or natural.

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, J. Steve said:
  • Rice Concentrate or "rice hulls" are the fiber & silica portion of the outer layer of the rice.  It does not contain any of the white rice.  It is used as an anti-caking agent to replace the synthetic "silicon dioxide".  Clean label ingredient alternative that is certified organic or natural.

Regardless of which part of the rice it contains, it is out for the purpose of Whole30.

• 6 months later...

So I just got an all natural stress/anxiety supplement (they are capsules). One of the ingredients is “Organic Nu-Flo (organic brown rice concentrate).” Is this acceptable since it is just in pill form? Any help is appreciated!   

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Lauren McG said:

So I just got an all natural stress/anxiety supplement (they are capsules). One of the ingredients is “Organic Nu-Flo (organic brown rice concentrate).” Is this acceptable since it is just in pill form? Any help is appreciated!   

No rice is compliant in whole30 regardless of what form it's in.

Archived