Slaying the sugar beast

pingu

Starting tomorrow! Yay

My sugar demon rules over me at the moment. I need to free myself from its evil clutches.

Also got some wacked out adrenal biz happening. So I'm keeping the starchy veg up, especially in the evenings. And exercise is regular morning yoga practice plus an afternoon walk, most days, with rest days here and there.

Oh also I don't do eggs at the moment.

Tonight I cooked up a bunch of roo bolognese. So I'll have that with pumpkin and greens for breakfast and lunch. Then dinner will be salmon with greens and a potato.

There is birthday cake at work tomorrow. I know it will be horrible cake of the kind that I don't even like so it should be easy to avoid it. It should be shouldn't it? Somehow it never is.

Anyway off now for some solid rest before early yoga tomorrow.

Good luck to all who are just beginning!

Yep, tastes yum. It's quite a lean meat and a little gamey

The mince is good for making burgers or bolognese, or anything really.

Tye actual meat can be quite tough if you over cook it, which is easy to do given its leanness. But cooked well, it is delish.

Blergh, couldn't get out of bed this morning due to a later night than planned. Need to prioritize sleep! So earlier to bed tonight for me.

I was tempted to step on the scale this morning. I think that's going to be a temptation so maybe i should pack it away.

Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are all pretty much to template but with extra starchy veg in the evening to help me sleep. None of that's a problem, it's the other stuff. Like the birthday cake. And whatever dodgy thing I can cobble the get her beamed in what's I the fridge and pantry. Fridge and pantry are pretty well cleaned out so there isn't much I can put together but it doesn't stop me from trying and ending up with something foul to feed me sugar beast who eats it anyway!

Feeling much much much better today. Easily made it to the end of day 2. I had a mild headache in the morning, but a cup of tea straightened me out.

Breakfast and lunch were roo bol again (double serve this morning) with pumpkin and greens. Mini pre-walk meal of tuna and olives followed by post-walk carrot. And for dinner I had salmon (again) with potato and greens (again). I don't get bored easily with food, if it's good stuff... Luckily!

I roasted up a bunch of pumpkin for the rest of the week, managed to squeeze a walk after work and also managed to get in some (a tiny bit) yoga this morning. So I almost feel human again. Not like yesterday when all I could do was dinner and then bed, despite my plans otherwise. Yesterday was not a good day!

No scary sugar beast incidents over the last couple of days, which is pretty sweet. It's good to accountable to something, even if it is just this little forum thread

Tomorrow and Friday will be more of the same. Hopefully drama free!

Well you can guarantee it would be pasture fed!

So I had 4 meals today. One mini meal between meetings at work, and I'm glad I did because the meetings afterwards were really hard. And then after dinner I went around to friend's place. They had pizza, I knew that was happening which was why I ate first, but my friend also made me a little salad.

Have been off eggs for a few weeks but I thought I might give them another try. Nothing against them. And I normally love them but I went off them a little recently. Plus adding eggs into the mix will make my meat (which I have to order in) last a little longer.

Day 3: big challenge, just a massive and exhausting day. But put measures in place to stop me from caving and having sweets or anything else bad, despite plenty of options.

Now it's a little later than my preferred bed time, looking forward to sleep and hopefully an easy day tomorrow.

Day 4 was no worries! I even had a spare cupcake from some I bought my students and it didn't tempt me one bit, just gave it away.

I was hungry straight after work and found myself in that position of wondering if I can eat 4 meals today... But after early dinner I was pretty shagged from a huge week so had no probs taking myself off to bed for some reading time and lights out.

The weekend has been awesome! Day 5 and 6 both, just, wow. I've managed to get a bunch done and haven't been totally exhausted which is different from the last six months. A few random things of note:

1. I did have a couple of coffees with coconut milk each day, which I love, and which I do only on weekends so I don't become too dependent.

2. On Saturday I ate four eggs for breakfast at 8:30 and was hungry again by about 11:30. This morning I had a bit of steak with my eggs and it made a big difference to my sustained energy.

3. Also on Saturday I did a 14k run which is the longest I have run in a long while, and it felt great.

I feel like I'm maybe really starting to get some energy back and do some proper healing. It's hard to explain how totally awesome that feels.

Onward to day 7 and 1 week down. Feeling fabulous so far! Tomorrow night is a work dinner and I'm sure the food will be dodgy because it's hard to get bulk quantities of anything decent out here. So I'll make sure to pack a can of tuna and some olives in case the meat is scary processed burgers or they serve pasta or something else I can't do.

Day 7 done and dusted! 1 week in the bag.

Haven't exercised as much as I might have liked tha last few days. And probably won't get a chance tomorrow either, but happy to let that wait until I have got this assignment in and work planned for the week.

Today I had three eggs and bit of leftover steak for breakfast with a bunch of veggies and some tahini. Then lunch was more veggies with tahini and a can of tuna. Neither one lasted me very well. Was hungry by lunch and had growly belly in my afternoon meeting. I quickly scoffed some olives between meeting and dinner, thank goodness, because dinner was lasagne, we didn't even get a salad because the guy bringing the salad stuff didn't show up. I was happy to just sit there and chat anyway, then made up some eggs with sardines and veggies once I got home. Olives = lifesavers!

Thanks!

Day 8 and I would like some chocolate. Doesn't help that a mate sent me some organic dark chocolate (only kind I eat) in the mail today! It's not easy to come by where I live so I've stashed it away for day 31.

I ate a massive salad for dinner tonight in hope of filling myself up so much I don't have room for anything else.

Thanks!

Day 8 and I would like some chocolate. Doesn't help that a mate sent me some organic dark chocolate (only kind I eat) in the mail today! It's not easy to come by where I live so I've stashed it away for day 31.

I ate a massive salad for dinner tonight in hope of filling myself up so much I don't have room for anything else.

You know what I miss the most? A skinny flavored latte from Starbucks. And that's a double whammy: dairy and artificial sweetener. It's not a bad craving, but when assessing how I feel, this is what I thought of. Better hide that chocolate!  :wub:  :blink:  :)

Cravings suck!

My chocolate is safely stashed away and it isn't bothering me too much for now. If it becomes a problem I'll give it away!

Struggled a little today, I think sleep is the thing I'm missing a little. Have been struggling to get out of bed in the mornings -I set my alarm pretty early for yoga and other morning stuff and this week I've been snoozing until I really have to get up for work. Tonight is looking like its gonna be an earlier night at least! So maybe I can get myself back on the early bandwagon tomorrow.

Thanks!

Day 12, feeling ok. I had a good sleep in and have a big bike ride on the cards this morning.

Yesterday was interesting. Very non-compliant bacon and eggs on offer at work for breakfast which I happily skipped. Then someone put out a bunch of croissants which again I was happy to skip.

Had some bad news later in the day after which it was an effort not to collapse in a heap and eat all the chocolate. I even opened the freezer and looked at it but talked myself away, settling instead for salmon and veg and an early night.

So I'm not far off two weeks done. Weekends are pretty easy here, there isn't much to do so I can stay at home and remain free from any kind of temptation! I've got some mince defrosting so it will be a bolognese and veg kind of weekend. Looking forward to a fresh meat delivery on Tuesday, I'm running very low with only a couple of steaks and a few cans of tuna left!

I'm feeling my energy slowly come back and am almost at the stage where I think I can give an interval workout a go. Might start planning those into my day for next week. This week was not really much exercise at all, just a few walks and lots of rest. Will make up for it this weekend with today's bike ride and a long run tomorrow.

Happy weekending, people!

Made it to the end of two weeks, hooray! This time tomorrow night will be at the halfway mark. Even better!

Feeling fine, made it through the weekend in one piece. There was cheesecake on offer at work today, easily refused.

Best news of the day was that I made it back to my yoga mat after ten days away. Practice felt so good! Back there again tomorrow for sure.

I've been working on using some apps to keep me on track. I like streaks because it tells me how many days I've been eating well for. And coach.me helps me out with yoga and meditation among other things. They are making things much easier!

End of day 15, that is half way!

Bit of a violent reaction to some dried apricots I had yesterday afternoon. I don't normally eat dried fruit and have not for several months but these were on my desk so I had a couple. I've had really bad gas, bloating, and all the rest, and I suspect now that there may have been sulfites in those apricots. Well, I certainly know now that we do not get along and I will be keeping them out of my diet in future, thanks!

Other than that all things are going well. Feeling pretty zonked this evening. Possibly those apricots, possibly a long day, and possibly not eating enough so I had a big steak with extra veg and tahini sauce for dinner tonight. My meat order finally arrived, thank goodness, so I can stop freaking out about whether I will have enough food to last me through.

Assignment to submit tonight, but once that's done it will be early to bed for some well-earned book time.

Day 20 today,can't believe it, 2/3 of the way through.

Massively emotional stuff going onion life but I have been staying strong.

Oh, and the shop is our of free range eggs which throws a spanner won the works, it I have plenty of meat here so can make do.

Desperate to weigh myself, sometimes I feel leaner, other ties I'm not so sure...

Day 20 today,can't believe it, 2/3 of the way through.

Massively emotional stuff going onion life but I have been staying strong.

Oh, and the shop is our of free range eggs which throws a spanner won the works, it I have plenty of meat here so can make do.

Desperate to weigh myself, sometimes I feel leaner, other ties I'm not so sure...

I had the same feelings, and I DID get on the scale which ended my Whole30 on day 15. Don't give into those feelings. It's not worth it. Ten more days is nothing! You can do it!!

Archived