Screwed up on the Reintro - feeling like a failure

PeytonsMom

I had carefully planned out my reintroduction with a calendar of what I was eating and what day...

Then the dang three day-weekend happened. And it included a little wine, enough chocolate, some dairy and too many eggs (I am sensitive to eggs). So, now, it is Tuesday and I am feeling the triple whammy of bloating, brain fog, bad sleep, and guilt. I have an appointment with my Naturpoath today for my Thyroid, so I will mention this to her. I am almost motivated to jump right in to another Whole30. Is that too drastic? I just feel like a total loser right now...and feeling physically blah does not help either! EPIC FAIL!

First off, breathe.  Also, give yourself a bit more compassion.  Instead of looking at it as a failure, how can this be a teachable moment: what can you learn from this?

I don't know that a full on Whole30 is necessary at this point. Consider resuming 100% Whole30 eating for as long as it takes until you feel like you did pre-reintro.  Then, do a more systematic reintroduction, so you can truly pinpoint what foods give you trouble.

Nope - I see no failure here - just a learning experience.

On a ladies night that happened a while back - we agreed to meet up at a Ethiopian Restaurant.  The food was fantastic - but a lot of lentils were consumed.  The wine flowed, and dessert?  Yes Please!  I felt hung-over like a truck rolled over me for four days afterwards.  Learning experience?  You bet.

Would I go to the restaurant again - yep - the food was amazing but I know I would definitely pass on both the wine and the dessert next time. 

Well, I went off the rails too on my reintroduction last weekend.  I was disappointed in myself, as well, but hey we are human!  I got back to Whole30 eating on Monday, and plan to start my reintroduction the right way this Monday.  I felt like crap on Monday/Tuesday and am feeling much better now (Whole30ish)!  So, give myself through the weekend, then I will do it the way it is supposed to be done!

Give yourself a break.  Things happen. It is what you do now that matters. :D

I'm in the same boat and was feeling upset too... it wasn't a totally food-a-palooza, but I had an anniversary dinner out that included some dessert and a piece of bread, and I had some birthday cake and popcorn at a party the next day.  Net-net, all of my other meals were W30, so I really should stop beating myself up about a few off-track meals that weren't planned for my reintroduction... it's definitely a learning experience!  

The thing that I find interesting is that how "easy" it was to say no during the official Whole30, and how easy it is to say yes during the reintroduction phase.  I did also have a few no's during the reintro, but I had more "yeses" than I thought I would.

We all learn from these little blips in the plan.

Archived