HELP!! Total loss of focus post Whole30

HELP!! I completed a Whole30 on July 31st and felt really good - I'm not a scale person but my clothes were definitely fitting better and people were starting to notice my efforts. I was back in the gym about 4 times a week and really focused. I stuck to the plan rigorously, even persuading others to get on board and always cooking. Then came a vacation/college reunion with my sorority sisters and all went downhill. I spent a week eating and drinking like I was 20 years old again. I figured it was just a week and I'd be back on the wagon when I got home but that is not the case. I've fallen back into my old eating habits (sugar, dairy, bread) and I'm having so much trouble refocusing!! I haven't even been to the gym in weeks. Not only do I feel guilty derailing all my progress but I physically don't feel up to par either - sluggish, not sleeping well, bloated, etc.

Any advice on how to refocus???? Please any suggestions are welcome...

Any advice on how to refocus???? Please any suggestions are welcome...

You just get back on the horse and start again.   Maybe you start with the gym first, then another Whole30, or vice versa.  Just choose to begin and take the next step.

• Moderators

Perhaps committing to a Whole 5 or Whole 7 will be enough to get you back in the game. Sometimes it can be overwhelming to commit to another 30 days, but stringing together a decent number of days will get you back in the groove and feeling more in control. And by the end of your 5 or 7 days or whatever, you may feel so good you decide to keep going or at least stay on track long enough to find a way to ride your own bike successfully. . . . 

• Moderators

I've been in this situation before and my advice is thus. Every day is a good day to have a Day 1. If it doesn't work, try again tomorrow. When you get that Day 1 under your belt, it's SO much easier to add days to it. Keep trying!

I read on another thread to just take it one meal at a time. Make the decision that your next meal will be compliant, and when your next meal comes around, make the choice that that one is complaint. Do it meal by meal if day by day is too much to grab ahold of. Before you know it you will have days under your belt and you will be able to recommit to a whole30 or even just do it a day at a time. Maybe take a week making that choice that each meal will be compliant, and after that, each day will be compliant and so on. 

Archived