Gonna fight to stay whole.

J9er

Yuck! Can I still be feeling crappy from reintros? Morning time I seem to feel fine but then things go down hill from there. I feel nauseated (mild), a bit of a tummy ache, headache (mild today). A bit of tummy rumbling. I have had no appetite but I've made myself eat. I ate a big lunch today and had sweet potato with meal 1 and 2 just in case it was lack of energy. I felt a little better during the meal and right after after but then back to feeling crappy again. I am out of kraut and kombucha but I'll try a bit of bone broth this afternoon. Thought maybe it was because I'm short changing myself a bit in sleep but I really am not tired and can't nap either. I'm going to try a light work out see if I perk up. I just don't know.....

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had something similar - and not sure if it was illness or crap working its way out of my system... it lasted 2 weeks,  and then when I decided to finally go to the doctor - it went away.  Decreased appetite, felt ok while eating and immediately after - but then in a bit - same crappy feeling.  Good luck I hope it ends soon.

Bone broth may help ease your system a bit ...  very good with healing.

Yuck! Can I still be feeling crappy from reintros? Morning time I seem to feel fine but then things go down hill from there. I feel nauseated (mild), a bit of a tummy ache, headache (mild today). A bit of tummy rumbling. I have had no appetite but I've made myself eat. I ate a big lunch today and had sweet potato with meal 1 and 2 just in case it was lack of energy. I felt a little better during the meal and right after after but then back to feeling crappy again. I am out of kraut and kombucha but I'll try a bit of bone broth this afternoon. Thought maybe it was because I'm short changing myself a bit in sleep but I really am not tired and can't nap either. I'm going to try a light work out see if I perk up. I just don't know.....

I was having bad energy yesterday myself and finally decided it has to be lingering effects of the dairy from Friday, coupled with too much heat/humidity this weekend. With joint achiness, off appetite, stomach ache, etc. it MAY be the gluten...or it may be that you have a mild bug of some sort. Either way, I hope you feel better soon!

Ok. Hoping for a better day today! It is so interesting noticing the things going on in my body. I am so grateful for the chance to experience this and really get to know myself and how food effects me.

That being said, I had a chat with my friend who I am going to visit for a whole month and told her more about the Whole30. She didn't seem to get the concept at all. She and her husband are relatively healthy and I think she thinks it was a diet and now it should be over. Her husband will want to hear more about it for sure so hopefully I can get them on board! I am feeling a bit like I have lost the courage to take control of the situation when I am there. I know I just need to get to a grocery store and buy meat! But doing that is the challenge. I feel like breakfast could be my biggest issue, I think they are cereal eaters. But I know they eat quinoa and I would honestly rather eat that then cereal or oatmeal or toast.

Why am I feeling so nervous to talk to my BEST friend, about my health issues? She is the person who has loved me through thick and thin, no matter what I've done and I'm worried about THiS? Something beyond my control?

If I can gain the courage to drive in Australia I think I can manage a lot better. I will be babysitting their daughter at times which means I can get out to do the shopping!

Anyways....felt pretty awful yesterday I didn't end up working out. I sat around and drank bone broth and organized our filing cabinets. Ha. I am feeling ok this morning and I hope that continues. No headache or nausea....so far. Had a pretty good breakfast except I overcooked the broccoli yuck.

Yesterdays meals were:

M1: kahlua pig, steamed asparagus, broccoli/cauliflower soup and a bit of sweet potato. Coffee with cm. bacon fat and coconut milk in the soup as well

M2: chicken thigh with skin, chicken breast, sweet potato, sugar snap peas and green beans sautéed in lots of duck fat. (Have been pretty obsessed with the duck fat lately).

Snack: Bone broth. I made some coconut chips to take on my trip, toasted them in coconut oil and sea salt and a bit of maple syrup. I had a handful after making them even though my tummy was bugging me. They are a danger food for me. Must be careful.

M3: nom nom's cracklin chicken (was a chickeny day), left over sugar snaps and green beans with the duck fat, with franks and coconut oil over top.

Bone broth before bed too.

I was wayyyyy better yesterday. The gluten fog has lifted. Wow. That was intense. Had a good day energy wise and was starting to feel more like on whole30. Did my first off roaring and it went pretty well. I learned some things but also I don't have any regrets this morning.

It was also kind of an exciting day because I got my immigration papers that say I can work and travel now. Such a relief (because I'm leavin on Saturday eek!), I can now start looking for work. We also went and picked up our new car, which was fun! So we decided to go out for dinner to celebrate. I was a bit nervous because there aren't many restaurants in our town and there are a ton of Italian ones. But we remembered there is a new place that opened up and we have been wanting to try it.

I decided before hand that I would have a glass of wine, I was looking forward to it. I was starving when we got there because our reservation was for 8pm plus we had gone to the car dealership before. I had a few pieces of jerky while we were getting the car which did help. But one thing I noticed was I wasn't HANGRY. My judgement stayed clear.

I almost ordered an appetizer but decided against it, they usually put me over the edge but how many places have duck wings for an appy? Yum! I got a rack of lamb with steamed veggies and Yukon gold potato. I should have ordered extra veggies instead of the potato. They were loaded with butter and cream I'm sure. I was impressed with the portions, they were moderate, only a small scoop of potato. I ate a couple of bites of it and left the rest. The lamb was amazing, cooked to perfection and a good size. It was a pricy dinner but so worth it. I am a pretty good cook and almost everything on the menu was something I would make and probably make well. But the lamb was just awesome. And it was SO nice not to cook for one night. That in itself was a major treat.

The wine was SO good. We had talked about ordering a bottle because of course the best wines in the list were by the bottle only. But they had a Bordeaux that peaked my interest by the glass and it was amazing. My husband always orders the cheapest red by the glass and then we compare. Usually I think his sucks but it was also really good and held up next to mine.

Here's where things take a turn....they come around to your table with a tray of little "shot glass" desserts. About 10 to choose from. We got sucked in. But we shared one. I had one bite. It was delicious. I had another small bite, not as good. So I left it. I wouldn't have felt bad as it was about 3 small bites each maybe not even, but I had my taste and left it. I was pretty proud. And I also thought, even though we got sucked in, what a good way to order dessert. We were perfectly satisfied and left dinner feeling great.

I am always for quality at a restaurant but my husband was not. He texted this morning saying he felt good and realized he would rather eat out less often if it could have quality food like that. And he said he definitely felt the effects of the glass of wine.

Anyways.....long post, but I need to remember this! The good feeling after eating out instead of guilt, feeling gross, and doing it all over again the next weekend.

Also of note. No eggs for a couple days = eczema healing....I will be laying off the eggs for awhile I guess!

Yesterday's meals

M1: hamburger patty, steamed broccoli and green beans with duck fat, coffee with cm.

Pwo : chicken and sweet potato

M2: chicken thigh, piece of chicken breast, asparagus sautéed I. Duck fat, broccoli soup with a sprinkle of bacon

Snack: 6 hrs later: couple pieces of beef jerky hard boiled egg.

M3: rack of lamb, steamed veggies, couple bites of mashed potato, glass of red wine, 1.5 bites of chocolate peanut butter mousse/Ganache

J9er...thank you for your reintro postings...My husband and I just finished the first week (YAY!!!) and we keep saying we can keep doing this...so far I LOVE the food and I LOVE that it is REAL FOOD.

Before WHOLE 30 we were big EZEKIEL BREAD  and EZEKIEL TORTILLA eaters -- focusing on it being sprouted grains.  Loved the crunch.  But hearing you say it effected you -- is helpful to me.

I did a fat free protocol years ago...then out with friends one day, I thought what could one piece of pizza do...well, maybe 1/2 hour later, I felt as if someone injected crazy glue in my veins.  I was a mess/lethargic for 3 days after.

So again, reading your detailed reactions is very informative and helpful.  I am looking forward to first finishing the 30 days but a little leary of the reintro but in needs to be done and then continue clean eating.

Let us know how you fare in OZ.  I am curious to know how it was.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR TRIP TO AUSTRALIA (I won a trip to OZ in 1988 - spent a month there)  Remember you CAN put a shrimp on the barbie! :D

G'Day!

Oh J9er - this gluten thing is the worst!   my joints ache, I'm in a total fog, I'm bloated, my head hurts.  It's all so bad! and yet I remember waking up this way often in the past. now I know why and how to avoid it in the future. I cannot wait to get back to feeling good.

Your dinner out sounds like an amazing success! Congratulations! And I don't think you need to worry too much about your friends in Oz. They're friends, they'll accommodate.  You know which foods you need to stay away from and what those foods make you feel like so I know you can convey the importance to them.  After all, it's not that hard to arrange good meat, fish, poultry and veggies. People eat those every day! You're going to have a great time.  I went over 1999-2000 new years and absolutely loved it. Cairns, diving the reef, the people, Daintree, the rainforest, ahhh - absolutely wonderful!  Have a great trip!

J9er...thank you for your reintro postings...My husband and I just finished the first week (YAY!!!) and we keep saying we can keep doing this... !

No problem! I'm glad to help! Thanks for the positive words too :)

Yes today and the days previous are totally different. I can't believe the difference. JenX -- I'm sorry!! I totally get how your are feeling, it will pass. Do you have bone broth? Honestly it helped me a lot. It's funny, I was mad I was feeling so crummy and mad I tried the gluten, but now I'm so glad I went through that and now know how bad it makes me feel. I was having days like those before too but I didn't know what was causing it. And refused to consider it was gluten!!!

Oh J9er - this gluten thing is the worst!   my joints ache, I'm in a total fog, I'm bloated, my head hurts.  It's all so bad! and yet I remember waking up this way often in the past. now I know why and how to avoid it in the future. I cannot wait to get back to feeling good.

Your dinner out sounds like an amazing success! Congratulations! And I don't think you need to worry too much about your friends in Oz. They're friends, they'll accommodate.  You know which foods you need to stay away from and what those foods make you feel like so I know you can convey the importance to them.  After all, it's not that hard to arrange good meat, fish, poultry and veggies. People eat those every day! You're going to have a great time.  I went over 1999-2000 new years and absolutely loved it. Cairns, diving the reef, the people, Daintree, the rainforest, ahhh - absolutely wonderful!  Have a great trip!

FYI...I too loved Cairns and the Rainforest...took the train it was AMAZING

Another good day yesterday. Felt totally fine after the glass of wine the night before. I was listening to the radio yesterday and they were talking about a Canadian study about alcohol consumption. It was mainly regarding university students but I found it really interesting. They were talking about how much alcohol people are consuming and that it is becoming very alarming. I have noticed amongst my social group and family that a lot of alcohol gets consumed and I do wonder about its effects. I found the last month and a half so interesting, how I haven't missed alcohol at all even in social situations and it has proved to me that I can obstain more often and I probably should. I want to drink when I'm going to enjoy the taste and experience whole heartedly, not just because everyone else is, or because it's offered. I am as much of a coffee snob as I am a wine snob. It is easy for me to refuse a cup of coffee if I don't think it will be very good so I should do the same with my wine. New goal!

Today is just busy with getting ready for my trip nothing too exciting.

Yesterday's meals were:

M1: beef patty with broccoli and green beans, mayo, coffee with cm.

M2: beef patty with asparagus and broccoli soup

Felt snacky in the afternoon. No reason. I don't think I I was hungry....had some coconut flakes and a piece of jerky. Coconut flakes are like kettle chips for me, shouldn't keep the in the house. Too easy to turn too for snacking purposes. Dang. I wouldn't say uncover did it but just am going that I knew I wasn't hungry, I was just bored or something.

M3: lamb "burgers" with lettuce and tomatoes, shredded Brussels sprouts, onions and peppers cooked in schmaltz, handful of coconut flakes

Busy day today. Lots of running around. All packed for the trip tomorrow. I don't have to leave the house till 2 pm so we can relax in the morning. Meals today weren't my best effort. I got busy before lunch and the next time I looked at the clock it was 3 o'clock.

M1: beef burger patty, sautéed broc and green beans, coffee with cm

PWO: chicken breast

M2 : small Bol of stew. Not enough veggies

M3: 2 chicken legs, roast cauli and broc, tostones

1/2 glass of wine. I had opened a bottle for the stew and it was calling my name. I enjoyed it, and the small glass was enough. I also had a scoop of coconut icecream. I dishes myself aarge scoop. At a couple bites, enjoyed them and out the rest back. Feel satisfied.

I dont feel that I am naturally a "moderator". But I really don't want to have to be an abstainer, so I'm trying to train myself to have the treats in moderation And be able to stop when I'm not enjoying it and say no when it's not something that's worth it. I hope it works.

Busy day today. Lots of running around. All packed for the trip tomorrow. I don't have to leave the house till 2 pm so we can relax in the morning. Meals today weren't my best effort. I got busy before lunch and the next time I looked at the clock it was 3 o'clock.

M1: beef burger patty, sautéed broc and green beans, coffee with cm

PWO: chicken breast

M2 : small Bol of stew. Not enough veggies

M3: 2 chicken legs, roast cauli and broc, tostones

1/2 glass of wine. I had opened a bottle for the stew and it was calling my name. I enjoyed it, and the small glass was enough. I also had a scoop of coconut icecream. I dishes myself aarge scoop. At a couple bites, enjoyed them and out the rest back. Feel satisfied.

I dont feel that I am naturally a "moderator". But I really don't want to have to be an abstainer, so I'm trying to train myself to have the treats in moderation And be able to stop when I'm not enjoying it and say no when it's not something that's worth it. I hope it works.

Bon voyage have a great trip

• 1 month later...

Well I'm back! Had an amazing trip to Australia. Just the best time spent with friends and babies. Drank a lot of coconut milk lattes and wine and ate some really good food and just enjoyed all of it.

I am definitely feeling puffy. It was such an eye opener for me staying with my friends who are reasonably healthy people and honestly the amount of veggies we ate in 30 days I could probably polish off in less than a week here! I did a lot of the cooking and was pretty innovative but I didn't push too hard. I don't regret anything but I'm ready to get back on my path of whole30 eating.

I got back on Tuesday and yesterday was a good start. I did some grocery shopping and ate compliant breakfast and dinner with a small glass of wine at supper. My mom is here to visit and we went out for Indian food for lunch. She is heading to stay in the city today so I am going to do a big batch cook and take my own meals when we spend time with them. I don't think I will do an official whole39 unless I find I really need too. Am going to try being as complaint as I can and maybe not worrying about added sugar etc and see where that gets me.

If I'm struggling with that I may attempt another whle30 but I'll play it by ear.

I stayed away from dairy soy and gluten as much as I could while I was gone but there was a fair amount of challenge with it and a fair amount of off reading. I have puffed out and am sure have gained weight but I am proud that I have not stepped in the scale and refuse to. I will do my measurements and take some pics in the next few days as I am joining a health challenge with some friends but we have all agreed not to weigh ourselves. Just get back on track and start feeling better is all I want.

Anyways, catching up on the logs I missed while I was away. Hope everyone is well!

Janine.

Jet lag is the worst. I was feeling pretty groggy today. I made it through breakfast and lunch really well and was feeling good. I drove to pick up the rest of my family from Newark airport and had to take them to An apartment they rented near the city. Traffic was a nightmare due to the Pope coming to town this weekend and by the time we got their I caved and had some wine.

We went to an awesome restaurant for dinner and I was able to get a fully compliant meal...which was incredible. I had wine with dinner again and some port and shared a few bites of my husbands dessert. Argh. It was amazing and I feel it was mostly worth it but could have done without the port and dessert for sure. They were good/amazing but I know the alcohol impaired my judgement a bit for sure.

On to tomorrow...ill give myself a couple more days to keep working on track and if I'm still struggling I may jump on for another whole 30. We'll see.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok so I'm back to logging again! I really wanted to be here after my trip but life got in the way. I had a series of visitors one right after the other and I played tour guide. While I did a big amount of off roading and didn't get enough exercise, I had a good time and I'm back now....trying not to be too hard on myself about it.

Over the past couple of weeks I have been slowly getting back to whole30 eating. I've had a solid 5 days in a row of clean eating and I feel so much better. Last week was terrible, I was in a dark dark mood, and today I woke up feeling like a million bucks. Soooo, I know what's good for me, and I know that the way I'm feeling today is not a coincidence and what I eat plays a huge part of my mood.

My goal for the next month is to log what I'm eating every day, and to get back into my exercise regime. I will evaluate in a couple weeks how I'm doing and feeling and I may do a strict whole15 before I go on a trip at the end of November if I don't feel my act has cleaned up enough :)

I had debated starting a whole30 now, but I really think that I learned so much from my first one in July, I need to go back through my log and just put what I learned to good use, get back on track, and re learn to ride my own bike.

So I'm allowing myself some off roading, a glass of wine here and there, treats here and there. While I'm pretty conscious about ingredients now, I'm not stressing about every little thing. If a bit of dairy sneaks in, it's fine. I used some flour to thicken a soup yesterday, for now that's fine. Like I said, I'll re evaluate in a couple weeks and see how I've made out. But back to basics, 3 meals a day, lots of water. Limit snacking and off roading.

So meals for today:

M1: hamburger patty, steam/sautéed green beans, a bit of left over Kaluha pig, mayo, coffee with coconut milk

PWO: sweet potato and chicken breast

M2: sautéed chicken breast with broccoli and green beans with compliant chili sauce I made, hard boiled egg with mayo, glass of kombucha

M3: will be: venison, roasted peppers, cauli, and Brussels sprouts, sweet potato.

• 2 weeks later...

Bah....so I haven't been logging. Life has gotten in the way.

Since I last posted, I was struggling to stick to the template and was letting more off roading in than I wanted. So I started a strict whole15 on Monday. I feel pretty good. It's amazing what 3 days can do. Bowels are back working normally already. I am feeling a bit sluggish today and have a slight headache....to be expected. Cravings are ok....not out of this world.

So, hopefully these 15 days are what I need to get back on track and stay on track!

Feeling good today. It's amazing what a few days of being completely on track can do. I M feeling really motivated and good about myself and I want so badly to be able to keep up with tthese eating habits. It's also amazing how after allowing one meal in or eating junk one time my brain can continue to justify it and basically beg me for more. The food industry in North America is appalling and I feel so fortunate to have started to realize it.

I also feel fortunate to have my husband on board, despite his past junky eating ways. He still likes his treats, but he is about 95% improved from before. He's lost loads of weight, he's almost back to his weight that he was in college and has not exercised at all...(I will admit I am jealous....I exercise 5 days a week and it's a miracle when I lose a pound). We were talking last night about my mood, and how we are now correlating something I was eating to a really dark, grumpy, depressed person. I'm pretty sure it was gluten but he's wondering about sugar as well...

I am confident of our/my ability to eat well when I am at home, but when traveling I am just not sure....that is what I struggle with, and the problem is, when we travel and I begin to get off my eating routine things just begin to spiral....I do manage to hop back on when I'm home but it's days of a hangover that I just hate.

So my next trip is coming up and my goal is to remain as gluten free as possible -- it really isn't that hard to do -- and see how I fair with that. If gluten is the culprit with my mood and eventual demise, maybe I won't spiral as bad if I stay away from it.

I was also thinking last night about my current "whole15"...it's not one. It's just how I want to eat...period. I want to eat this way 100% while at home and I guess what I'm doing for these 15 days is choosing not to eat out or allow any "worth it" treats at all. My body deserves this period of cleanness, my brain needs it.

I have been thinking about my protein and carb intake...while I think my carbs are fine...with my weight lifting, I'm wondering about getting more protein. I've never really been one for counting macros or calorie counting even, but I'm curious about my proteins and carb intake and wondering if a tweak would aid in a bit more muscle gain and shed a bit of fat. I don't really know where to start with it or if I should even bother. Template eating is a no brainer and I don't want to fall down the rabbit whole of counting if it's not necessary.

I start a new work out program after my trip so I'm thinking I will just keep doing what I'm doing for now and reassess when I start the program.

So much to think about, so amazing where my mind goes when it is free of the gluten haze(or sugar?) and I'm feeling good again.

Still doing well. Feeling well, clear mind, mood positive and calm....I have been sticking to the template, but have allowed some very minor amounts of added sugar and we did eat out for breakfast on the weekend so I'm sure the food was cooked with butter or suspect oils. I stuck with eggs, meat and tomato slices though and felt good about that. I have also had the occasional sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. I really want this couple weeks before my holiday to be about sustainability, satiety, and cutting cravings...I think it's helping. I have snacked a little bit here and there, but not in a bingey, bad way. No nuts, no Lara bars -- a handful of olives here and there or coconut, or last night it was a pickle. Trying to stay away from sweet things altogether and it seems to be helping.

I do find myself going to the place of eating clean for over a week and just expecting my body to bounce back. I know it takes me monthes if clean eating and exercise and one measly week isn't going to change much....just like it takes monthes of being off plan and freaky eating to get me to the place I am now....I am trying to not be down about it, I am trying to stay away from the scale -- the darn thing ended up back in the house.

I am rather bored of my workouts, want to do something new but just not sure what. a gym membership is not within my spending realm right now, and I do have the equipment I need here but sometimes it's just nice to get out for a change of scenery and have different equipment to use....maybe once I get back to work I'll start back at the gym.

I am still a bit worried about my trip next week...my goal is to still just do my absolute best...remain gluten free and stay away from copious amounts of sweets.....info have visions of having an eggnog latte though.....eek....I hope to home every day I can and get to the gym during the three days at the conference...

We will be in Seattle for the conference and there's pike market.....not to mention all of my other favorite places to eat around that city!

Found out that there is a whole foods a couple blocks from our hotel during the conference! Yay.

I am so proud of my husband,he has given me another reason for staying on the band wagon. I know I am doing this for myself, I have always done fitness and healthy eating for myself, but my husband has shown me that if he can change then I can keep my head down and keep this up too.

When he did the whole30, I didn't really expect him to get a lot out of it. He was following along for the ride, he did no meal prep (which I think is a big part of the appreciation), he moaned and groaned....but here we are almost 4 months later and he has stuck with it....he stuck with it even when I went of the railS. He went from consuming a soda almost everyday, to not having one in over 4 months. He says no to donuts and bagels at work, if he does indulge in pasta at a restaurant it's gluten free....he has lost over 30 pounds. When he has had off road food items like gluten free pasta, or other treats, he has said they aren't worth it...my former junk food junkie, is over it.

He went back to eating yogurt after whole30. It was something he really enjoyed. He found it so sweet, so I started mixing plain and sweetened. Still finds it too sweet, so yesterday he had full fat plain (we always ate the full fat), and loved it.....??? Who is he?? He has learned to ride his own bike...he has found a way of eating that works for him. He has yogurt everyday and doesn't worry about added sugar, but that is it. My former, carb loving, bread loving, grain loving husband is no more....

So he has given me the inspiration to find MY path, I'm still not completely sure...I know it doesn't include gluten....or soy....

I struggle with eating things just because they are there, or deeming something worth it, realizing it's not, but the continuing to eat it anyways.

Anyways.....I feel like unjust need to "get over it", let it all go....I feel like there is just this evil little maestro in my brain and he pokes at me, it's not me who wants to eat crap! I don't want this....I want it not longer to be a daily struggle, that's all.

After typing my random thoughts, I wonder if I see another strict whole30 in my future....part of me thinks I need to continue on my own path and figure my own way, but another part of me sees my ongoing struggle and realizes I still have some emotional attachment, and lingering sugar dragon, etc...

We'll see.

I am rather bored of my workouts, want to do something new but just not sure what.

Hey, I just popped in to your log here today and happened to see this.

BIG shout out for Strong Curves!  

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/1936608642?keywords=strong%20curves&qid=1448036686&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

Bret Contreras is a great guy.  I LOVE this book.  It has everything from beginner, at home, bodyweight -- to advanced stuff you can do with all of the fancy equipment at the gym.  Very versatile.  It is by far the best lifting book I have ever seen.  Detailed, step-by-step instructions and pictures of each move in the back of the book.  It's like my lifting bible.  :)

Hey, I just popped in to your log here today and happened to see this.

BIG shout out for Strong Curves!

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/1936608642?keywords=strong%20curves&qid=1448036686&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

Bret Contreras is a great guy. I LOVE this book. It has everything from beginner, at home, bodyweight -- to advanced stuff you can do with all of the fancy equipment at the gym. Very versatile. It is by far the best lifting book I have ever seen. Detailed, step-by-step instructions and pictures of each move in the back of the book. It's like my lifting bible. :)

Awesome! This may just be my answer. Thanks Brewer.

• 2 months later...

Reviving this log. Will be post whole30 #2 tomorrow.

I'm feeling really amazing, and am feeling really positive about continuing to fuel my body, heal my gut, and balance my hormones. I feel like the last 30 days have been paramount for my healing and although I wasn't super thrilled about doing it and I started to support a friend, I am so freaking glad I did it.

On a side note, being away from home and cooking with spices in someone else's kitchen is annoying. Ugh. So many crappy ingredients in those spice mixes, and not very many pure spices in the cupboard. I am just using salt and pepper and I honestly am fine with that, but just take my simply stocked cupboards for granted now.

Has anyone tried kale sprouts from trader joes? Had them the other day and they are amazing!!!! Hey are a hybrid of Brussel sprouts and kale. I'm obsessed. Found them here in Canada for triple the price and they aren't organic, but I had to have them again. Can't wait to get home to the US so I can shovel them in my face for much cheaper!

If anyone has a recipe they love for short ribs I'd love it too, bought some today and am not totally sure what to do with them.

I'm also not planning on doing a planned reintro like last time. I know that gluten and soy are my main offenders. Corn and legumes have minor affects and I don't eat them much anyways. I'm going to enjoy the rest of my trip, try to stay whole30, without worrying about butter, a little added sugar and maybe some goat dairy (my cousin is a goat cheese farmer). I'm am going to try wine and be VERY mindful about how much I'm drinking and how it effects me. Detailed logging to follow on that one!

Archived