Palm Fruit Oil and Evaporated cane juice

notkevinmyrick

Evaporated cane juice is a sneaky name for...SUGAR! The "cane" is sugar cane. They claim it isn't as processed, but either is raw honey, but it's banned as well. Bummer! I think there is a palm fruit oil that is good and one that is bad, so I'll let someone else chime in on that one.

ETA: I just did a google search and I guess Palm Fruit oil is very bad for the environment. They burn down forests in Indonesia to get it. That's what my search said anyway.

Any reccomendations on almond butter without the junk?

Someone else may chime in, but I don't eat nuts or nut butters. I think it's JHMOMI who has been eating them for a while and so do her kids, so she has probably figured out the good brands and the bad ones. You could send her a message and ask her.

Do you have a Whole Foods or similar in your area? They surely would have several good versions.

I think their is one good company at the stores around I think it's called Justins Almond Butter and the only ingredient is almonds I believe. Just need to be more careful this time around reading the labels!!

Yes, label reading is a must. They sneak stuff in everywhere.

Any reccomendations on almond butter without the junk?

I have Harvest Farms Organic Creamy Almond butter. Ingredients: organically grown dry roasted unblanched almonds

I got it at a regular local grocery store near me, called ingles.

Archived