A reason for bloating Day 16...

Can someone tell me why I am (and have been) so incredibly bloated for 2 days.

Really bad today!

I am eating the same things as I have and water intake is more than need be.

I am not snacking in b/w meals...truly don't need to.  Am satiated til next meal.

This is miserable and just want to know the "science" behind why I'm so bloated

NOW (Day 16)!! Help!

• Moderators

I'm sorry. Bloating now is a bit curious. To offer good ideas, it would help to know what you have been eating for the past few days. Also activity levels, stress, sleep, and how much water you are drinking.

• Moderators

It would be helpful to know what you've been eating but off the bat, carbonated beverages, raw vegetables and salad greens, cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cauli) excessive coconut, nuts, nut butters all can cause bloating...

Maybe when you put down your intake for the last few days you can note if there is something that you have been eating more of than usual... like you just discovered you're in love with coconut or La Croix or something like that...

Meal 1 - 2 fried eggs in ghee, 1/2 avacado, homemade sausage patty, spinach sauteed in coconut oil and salsa. Also 1 cup 1/2 decaf coffee w/ coconut milk.

Meal 2 - LOTS of greens w/ leftover veggies thrown in (cooked veggies) and balsalmic vinegrette, plus homemade ckn. salad on top (mayo, green and red onion) and grapes.

Meal 3 - chili w/ zucchini and eggplant, few carrot sticks and guac, and nectarine

Work out 1 hour per day.  Have sweet potatoes post w/o when do strength training.

Drink at LEAST 80 oz water/day.  Plenty for my weight.

Occasionally will sip on Kombucha in afternoon.

I have eaten all of this at other times and not gotten as bloated.  Not that time of the month either.

Just frustrated!!!

I forgot a couple of things:

I get 8-9 hrs of sleep every night.

Don't feel any more stressed than usual (no major events going on)-

other than 3 teenage children!

I am pretty active and work out 4-5 times/wk for 1 hour (3 days cardio, 2 strength training).

I've also been pretty tired for these past couple of days too. (body fatigue)

Will take any advice I can get!

• Moderators

Hi Boo

To be honest, your meals look pretty good altho I would recommend getting the 1-3 cups of veg in at your meal one. I would also recommend taking out the raw veg and swapping for cooked veg for a few days and see if that helps.

It could be that your body is going through some sort of healing or change due to the increased nutrients and things are just shuffling around. It's not pleasant but our bodies are pretty complex!

After a couple weeks on my recent Whole60, I started feeling worse—lots of bloating, GI issues, that sort of thing. I realized that is been eating a lot more onions, sweet potatoes, apples, and avocados than I did before. Switching to low-FODMAP fruits and veggies (mostly cooked) has helped immensely!

Yep, the only thing that jumps out at me is the onion so I'd maybe cut that out.

It could just be a cumulative effect of what you've been eating over the last few days....

Are you eating more animal protein than pre Whole30? Or have you added in sparkling water?

I have been taking probiotics every day.

I'll definitely try the things you all have suggested.

Never thought about being under-carbed!

No sparkling water, but will be more aware of amt. of protein (animal).

Thank you all for the advice.  We'll see what happens...!!!

Archived