1st Day on Whole30 program - any one else?

mfustos

So today is my OFFICIAL first day on the Whole30 program. I got some reading done in the ISWF book last night and have started to understand a little better how food fuels the body. I did a soft start for the last 2 days, but it is on like donkey kong now!

Question: I have been searching for a pain reliever (aleve, advil, ibprofin, aspirin, tylenol, ANYTHING) that DOESN'T have a filler in it that is not approved. Most have corn starch or another grain additive and a lot have coloring like Blue 40 (or whatever). Any suggestions?

Thanks, team!

It's good to get this thing started. I am excited to see what results this life change may bring.

I don't know fmr_sailor. I was hoping someone had something without all that crap added to it. :( I can't believe how many supplements and medicines have additional ingredients that don't really seem to need to be there.

I don't know fmr_sailor. I was hoping someone had something without all that crap added to it. :( I can't believe how many supplements and medicines have additional ingredients that don't really seem to need to be there.

The generic I used to have from Harris Teeter didn't have corn starch in it. But I bought the one from Target yesterday, and it does. I have it set on my counter with the receipt to return it tomorrow. Then I suppose I'll get the Harris Teeter one. Or maybe if I bought the capsules rather than caplets the ingredients would be different.

Hoping Tom can help clear this up completely for me..... :-)

• Administrators

So a generic acetaminophen with corn starch is ok on the Whole30??

Yes, this would be fine.  If you are in enough pain to need a pain medication, take it.  If you aren't in enough pain to be totally sold on taking it, try some alternative therapies (for headaches, that is) such as a nap, more water, peppermint oil on your forehead, essential oils etc.

Archived