How do you know....

Guest Andria

Simply put, when you can go 4-6 hrs between meals without ill effect. In other words, you don't get *hangry*, don't experience headaches, dizziness and/or fatigue related to low blood sugar.

Do know this is a only a term coined to explain the changes that occur in our bodies when our blood sugar levels remain stable.  Our bodies fluctuate between burning fat and glucose all the time.  It is never 100% one or the other.  The Whole30, however, helps the body transition from burning primarily glucose to being able to rely on fat stores in between meals.  In someone who feeds their body high levels of processed carbs they get blood glucose spikes and dip all day long which prevents their body from utilizing the energy from their fat stores.

• Moderators

I used to be infamous for being critical when hungry. People at work would ask me when I had last eaten if I barked at them. I had to admit many times that I was hungry. Nowadays, I can miss eating for most of the day without getting angry or barking at people. I think that means I have adjusted to burning fat efficiently. :)

I was def prone to getting dizzy and having trouble thinking when I went too long without eating. Too long being about maybe 3 hours. My husband, who barely eats all day then becomes a Hoover vacuum when he gets home at night, would make fun of me.

Tonight m2 and m3 were separated by just over 5 hours, and I was ok. Now, my stomach said it was hungry, but *I* was ok. It's nice.

Guest Andria

I was def prone to getting dizzy and having trouble thinking when I went too long without eating. Too long being about maybe 3 hours. My husband, who barely eats all day then becomes a Hoover vacuum when he gets home at night, would make fun of me.

Tonight m2 and m3 were separated by just over 5 hours, and I was ok. Now, my stomach said it was hungry, but *I* was ok. It's nice.

Exactly, it's a nice feeling.  I realized, after the fact, that  yesterday at work I had went 8 hrs since breakfast before I could eat lunch and I was only slightly hungry.

Archived