How do I fit all this fresh food in my fridge?

I'm just looking for ideas on how people are organizing their fridges...mine is packed to the gills with fresh veg and fruit, meat and eggs for the week, sauces and dressings, leftovers, and my husband's and son's non compliant food. It is difficult to find anything, especially at the beginning of the week when I have just done grocery shopping! Please advise...

Guest Andria

There are two in my family and even though we buy a lot of food each week, I don't have trouble organizing and fitting everything in my fridge.  I have two double compartment veggie crispers that hold all my veg and a smaller meat and cheese type drawer where I keep bacon, compliant breakfast sausages, hotdogs.  
The rest of the stuff goes on the shelves.  Use your refrigerator door for sauces and dressings. Since you have two members of your household not following the Whole30 designate shelve space specifically for their foods and specific fridge space for your stuff.

Consider washing and prepping/cutting your veggies ahead of time and maybe organizing in labelled tupperware.  Freeze any meats you won't be cooking within 3 days.  If you take one day a week to meal prep, that should consolidate many of the ingredients in your fridge.  Also, those meals can be frozen to free up more space.

• Moderators

Consider washing and prepping/cutting your veggies ahead of time and maybe organizing in labelled tupperware.  

This. Instead of shoving all my produce into the fridge after I buy it, I make sure I have an hour after grocery shopping and I unpack it all onto a pile on the counter and then start working away at it. Last night I chopped five peppers, 2 huge zucchinis, 2 bunches of carrots, four bunches of radishes, daikon, beets, 2 green onions and the parsley and dill. Three good things happen when I do this. It's easier to fit in the fridge, it's all ready for making/cooking/eating, which makes prep easier and nothing goes bad because I'm too lazy to do it on the weekday. Try it. It's like a little gift you give to yourself every week!

Archived