New to the Whole 30 and on day 9

rachellessong

Hi, 

I'm new to the Whole 30 and I'm on day 9. So far it has been going well, although I'm finding myself super tired. I will admit that I used to be a carb junkie so I'm not used to having to eat so much protein. I'm not a huge pizza eater but it seems that it's the only thing that will satisfy this carb craving. I never realized how  much I relied on "good" carbs.  Any words of wisdom from Whole 30 veterans??? How do you deal with the fatigue that comes from your body's reset?? Anyone else on day 9, maybe we can keep each other accountable?

I am no veteran, on Day 9 myself. Biggest complaints these days are bloating and constipation (after conquering horrible headaches and fatigue through Day 5). I dealt w/ the fatigue by simply giving into it, frankly. I would lie down for most of afternoon (I work from home) and conk out early for bed. Otherwise, somehow I just powered through! It was ROUGH though, so you have my sympathies. I think your fatigue will pass.

My question back to you: How are you eating pizza on Whole30?

• Moderators

If you post several days of what you have been eating, we may be able to suggest some changes that would help. But as Kara said, taking it easy may be necessary until you adjust. 

One potential thing we recommend anytime someone complains of tiredness is to be sure you are eating one or two servings of starchy veggies per day. Starchy veggies like potatoes, parsnips, rutabagas, plantains, etc. are Whole30 energy foods. 

I'm new to this, too, (day 2 of whole 30, day 6 of paleo) but I have been making a sweet potato breakfast hash, and found that it helps me get energy in the morning. 

I was a carb and sugar junkie before, and have had some issues with exhaustion these couple of days, but the morning sweet potatoes are helping. I also find I need to eat more frequently to keep energized. 

(I combine one sweet potato, ground turkey "sausage", fresh rosemary, and half an onion. I steam the potatoes lightly in the pan, then toss in everything else and sauté with a just a wee bit of coconut oil. An egg on top adds extra yum!) 

Love the plantain suggestion, that sounds delicious. 

Archived