Chipotle Whole30 Compliant?

regsstuckey

A friend offered to buy me lunch tomorrow at Chipotle. I know what items are clearly non-compliant (cheese, chips, sour cream, rice, etc) but wondering about the meat. Does anyone know what oil they use to cook their meat and what sort of seasoning they use? Thanks!

• Moderators

Chipotle has been discussed on the forum before -- try googling whole30 chipotle to find the past discussions for more information. You might also look for chipotle's website, I think they have an ingredients list and allergen information. I'd link to it but I'm on my phone and linking stuff is a pain.

• Administrators

I visited Chipotle for the first time while on my recent vacation in California.  Had the carnitas over salad with extra guacamole.  You folk with a Chipotle near you (that has the carnitas in stock) are LUCKY!  

I wonder if each Chipotle is different? I asked at our local one the other day if they use rice bran oil on the steak as they are out of carnitas in our area. The manager came out and talked to me and said they used to use rice bran oil but no longer do and they use no oil to cook it?! I only have 9 days left on this whole 30 so probably won't chance it but found it interesting

• 2 months later...

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/11/02/453950872/amid-e-coli-outbreak-chipotle-closes-43-restaurants-in-washington-oregon

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/02/us-chipotle-ecoli-idUSKCN0SQ2CE20151102

an E. coli outbreak that has gotten at least 22 people sick.

It is the third outbreak of food contamination at Chipotle restaurants since August. Those earlier cases involved salmonella and the highly infectious virus norovirus.

Archived