Just did this yesterday:

2 leeks, cleaned, trimmed, and sliced

1/2 small onion, chopped

2 medium-large potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch chunks

4 cups chicken stock

1/2 cup coconut milk

salt and pepper

2-3 tablespoons ghee

1. Sautee leeks and onions in ghee. Reduce heat and let simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring now and then to keep them from browning.

2. Add potatoes and stock. Season with salt and pepper. Bring on the heat till the pot is roiling. 

3. Lower heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes.

4. Let cook for maybe 10 minutes. Add coconut milk.

5. Puree with stick blender still mostly smooth (I left a few lumps for added texture). Adjust seasoning as necessary. Serve.

Lunch today was chunks of lamb meat tossed into a bowl of this soup. The soup was so thick the lamb stayed on the surface. So good!

• Administrators

Creamy Leek and Potato Soup

Just did this yesterday:

2 leeks, cleaned, trimmed, and sliced

1/2 small onion, chopped

2 medium-large potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch chunks

4 cups chicken stock

1/2 cup coconut milk

salt and pepper

2-3 tablespoons ghee

1. Sautee leeks and onions in ghee. Reduce heat and let simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring now and then to keep them from browning.

2. Add potatoes and stock. Season with salt and pepper. Bring on the heat till the pot is roiling. 

3. Lower heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes.

4. Let cook for maybe 10 minutes. Add coconut milk.

5. Puree with stick blender still mostly smooth (I left a few lumps for added texture). Adjust seasoning as necessary. Serve.

Lunch today was chunks of lamb meat tossed into a bowl of this soup. The soup was so thick the lamb stayed on the surface. So good!

Hi Glenn!!! Nice to "see" you again! :D

This recipe has been amended to become soup-like. It's based on the stuffed cabbage I grew up on, with some modifications.

Brown 1lb ground beef in a pot and drain fat. Add chopped cabbage (1/2 to 1 head). And a sliced onion, with some salt. Sauté until browned. Add two containers chopped or diced tomatoes (make sure they have no sugar or anything else nasty added). Drop a bay leaf or two in the pot, cover and simmer until cabbage is soft. This isn't exactly soup, but it is soupy enough that I eat it with a spoon. Add some broth to make more like soup. I made a batch of this days ago and just finished it for breakfast!

Archived