WholeMama623's POST Whole100 Daily Ramblings on Reintroduction

WholeMama623

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I'm back. I hope my very few readers will stick around.

After a short stint with a failed Whole30, I am back to this journal. I really like coming here, being able to talk about my eating habits and such and I've met a few great people!

Here are my MAIN goals Post WHOLE100:

- no soy

- no grains

- refined sugar ONLY for special occasions (which are NOT often)

- Be able to make healthy choices on my own, off of the Whole30 program.

- Only one serving of dairy a day max.

- Pretty much stay Strict Paleo!

- Get moving again/ start exercising!

- Find more recipes and get motivated to cook in the kitchen!

I am still going list out my meals because it makes me feel better...

Meal 1: 3 links of sausage and 2 eggs cooked in ghee with coffee and creamer

Meal2: Homemade spaghetti sauce which is paleo, (I believe it IS whole30, too)  with sautéed yellow squash. ( I brought a salad with spring mix, olive oil, tomato, black olives and avocado but I never ate it. too full from lunch)

Meal3: will probably be chicken with paleo mayo and veggies!

Looks like you've really figured out what you need to do for yourself to be successful at this and have set a clear plan in place to do that-WTG!!! :)

Thank you! I do know exactly what I need to do, and I'm going to do it!

I want to just be me, and stop worrying about food all the time! I'll eat the best I can, and indulge every so often!

Good morning everyone!

I got a late start this morning and have almost nothing for breakfast. Urgh!

Last night for dinner we had chicken breast cutlets with cauliflower mash and a sweet potato with ghee! I am having that for left overs this morning!

Meal1: Banana, Coffee with creamer & tiny amount of sugar, maybe some blueberries

Meal2: Chicken cutlets with paleo mayo, cauliflower rice, black olives and carrot sticks

Meal3: TBD!

I need some awesome crock pot recipes! Hubby is getting tired of making dinner all the time, but he's home hours before me so it makes sense for him to do it mostly. I figured we could compromise by making crockpot meals, and that way he wouldn't have to do anything! Anyone know of any good meat or soup ones?

I made this last week, it was awesome

2lb Boneless Chuck Roast, trimmed

1 medium onion, sliced

3 tbsp red curry paste

1 (14.5 oz ) can coconut milk

1 Tbsp crushed red pepper flakes

1tsp salt

1 Red Bell Pepper sliced

1.  put meat in slow cooker

2. stir together curry paste, coconut milk, red pepper flakes and salt .  Poor over Roast

3.  Cover and cook on low 6 hours.  Add Red Bell pepper and cook one hour longer (I did this but just let the red bell cook while I made the cauli rice, it did not take a full hour)

Serve with Cauli Rice

My husband gets home before me too. In the mornings, I often make a meat loaf or prep an oven dish and an oven veggie, and just leave him instruction to turn on the oven on at X temp and put in the meat for X time and them put the veggies in at x time. 

I made this last week, it was awesome

2lb Boneless Chuck Roast, trimmed

1 medium onion, sliced

3 tbsp red curry paste

1 (14.5 oz ) can coconut milk

1 Tbsp crushed red pepper flakes

1tsp salt

1 Red Bell Pepper sliced

1.  put meat in slow cooker

2. stir together curry paste, coconut milk, red pepper flakes and salt .  Poor over Roast

3.  Cover and cook on low 6 hours.  Add Red Bell pepper and cook one hour longer (I did this but just let the red bell cook while I made the cauli rice, it did not take a full hour)

Serve with Cauli Rice

My husband gets home before me too. In the mornings, I often make a meat loaf or prep an oven dish and an oven veggie, and just leave him instruction to turn on the oven on at X temp and put in the meat for X time and them put the veggies in at x time. 

That sounds yummy!!! We will have to make that!

I can't really get much ready in the morning because I'm chasing after a 15 month old and trying to get us both ready for work, alone!

Welcome back !   I am with you - I like logging my meals - I can keep myself a bit more accountable. 

I have discovered almost anything can be done in a crockpot.  I made a whole chicken the other day - No it didn't get the crispy skin (I take it off anyway and save it to make broth)  if you wanted to crisp it - toss it under the broiler for a bit.   I made some really awesome ribs...

I have a meal me and my kids positively love - and it is easy make ahead - then it just needs to be reheated.   Shephards Pie.  I used to make it with mashed potatoes (totally acceptable now for w30) but also make it w/ mashed cauliflower.  My version contains, carrots, green beans, onions, mixed in w/ ground beef, tomato sauce w/ coconut milk and topped w/ potatoes or cauliflower.   it also freezes fabtabulous !!

Looking forward to reading more of your life adventure.

Welcome back !   I am with you - I like logging my meals - I can keep myself a bit more accountable. 

I have discovered almost anything can be done in a crockpot.  I made a whole chicken the other day - No it didn't get the crispy skin (I take it off anyway and save it to make broth)  if you wanted to crisp it - toss it under the broiler for a bit.   I made some really awesome ribs...

I have a meal me and my kids positively love - and it is easy make ahead - then it just needs to be reheated.   Shephards Pie.  I used to make it with mashed potatoes (totally acceptable now for w30) but also make it w/ mashed cauliflower.  My version contains, carrots, green beans, onions, mixed in w/ ground beef, tomato sauce w/ coconut milk and topped w/ potatoes or cauliflower.   it also freezes fabtabulous !!

Looking forward to reading more of your life adventure.

Wow that sounds soooooo good! My husband would like that!

Hello everyone, Good morning!

Last night for dinner we had pan fried fish in ghee, with asparagus, and carrots. It was really tasty! Later I had some Cherry Chia Kombucha, and a couple gluten free cookies that I couldn't resist in the store. I let temptation get the best of me and ate a serving and a half. Not too bad. My daughter really likes them, so I'll let her have the rest of them.

Today so far:

Meal1: three eggs in ghee, scrambeled with 1 sausage link. Coffee with 3tblsp creamer and a tiny bit of sugar

Meal2: 2 applegate uncured grassfed hot dogs, with a big salad made from spring greens, olive oil, tomatoes, black olives, sautéed spaghetti squash and avocado! WOO. I am going to be stuffed!

I know Meal3 is going to involve chicken because it's thawing, but I have no idea what else!

We have quite a busy weekend, so hopefully my food choices stay good !

I've gotten off track a little since yesterday.

It was just "one of those days" and I was OVER eating meat/veggies for dinner. Hubby got a gluten free pizza and it was so good. However, I'm not feeling awesome this morning, so I'm thinking that wasn't a good idea. On Friday's I used to treat myself to coffee from Dunkin, so today I treated myself to an iced pumpkin macchiato. It's good, but probably not worth the calories/chemicals. I did find a paleo recipie for pumpkin muffins I really want to make, but I'm afraid I'll binge on them. ;-/

I'm thinking I need to do a Whole7, just to get myself back on track.

I put on a pair of pants today that I'm pretty sure I've never worn because they didn't fit. They fit fine. It does make me WANT to keep going, and keep losing. I really really am not going to lose unless I start getting active. This time of year is so hard for me. It starts getting dark super early, and I just feel LAZY. I NEED to do something to burn some calories. With my thyroid issues, losing weight is SO hard. Even in 100 days, I only lost 7 lbs completely changing my diet. It's a little discouraging, but I'm trying to accept those were the cards I've been dealt! I need to treat my body better by eating better!!!!

Hi there !   I feel like I am talking to myself when I post in my log (which I am - )  Yes - you should try the shephards pie - it is delish and filling !

I guess it's really for me mostly, but I enjoy having people follow along. I am pretty boring these days.

So I've given myself the tool I need to use right?

Here are some examples of what I've eaten since Thursday....

Gluten free pizza, Justin's peanut butter cups, a slice of gluten free "coconut cloud" cake, gluten free lance peanut butter and cracker bites, gluten free cheese crackers, more dunkin coffee, 3 mini York peppermint patties, ect.

So as you can see, things went exactly how I though they would. OFF COURSE! I am really angry at myself today. I KNOW how I have to eat to make things go well for my body, but I just cannot hold myself to it. It's insanely frustrating. Most of the crap I had this weekend, wasn't even worth it. (it was in small amounts...) . I don't want to have to do Whole30's all the time, but I don't even know why. I feel like I do enjoy them, but I hate that it's always me not being able to have anything! My family has a lot of events between now and Christmas. I hate being "I can't eat that" or having to stress over everything. I want to not have to stress all the time about food. however, I can't have my gluten free cake and eat it too. It's time for something to change.

Here lately when I eat something, I think "how is this helping my body" which is new. I never used to do this, but now I'm WAY more aware of when I'm eating something crappy for myself. It might not seem like much, but my mindset IS changing.

This week, I'm going to aim on being MOSTLY paleo. I am enjoying my once daily  coffee creamer, and I don't want to take away EVERYTHING at once right now. I've also went back to myfitnesspal and started logging my calories, because if I can't hold myself to eat good food, then I have to make sure I'm not eating 3,000 calories in day. I know it seems ridiculous, but I have to do something to make sure I don't go completely off the rails.

So basically, I'm just not feeling secure with my eating right now, but seemingly I'm having problems accepting that I cannot eat JUNK!

It's hard.  :mellow:

I have many of the same questions about how you sustain this for more than 30 days. The Whole30 is magical in a lot of ways, but it's hard to sustain forever as you go about a real life. And ex-pen-sive...

Step away from the gluten-free...  ;)

It's hard.  :mellow:

I have many of the same questions about how you sustain this for more than 30 days. The Whole30 is magical in a lot of ways, but it's hard to sustain forever as you go about a real life. And ex-pen-sive...

Step away from the gluten-free...  ;)

You're right. It's so hard to do long term. And the minute I'm not on a Whole30, I seem to gravitate back to those kinds of foods. It' so hard. I also hate obsessing about "doing the right thing" all the time. I need a mental break.

I guess it's just natural to gravitate back to the way we are eating once the Whole30 is over. Those are some deeply ingrained habits. I don't have much of a choice though because my health is at stake.

Do you feel like you obsess about doing the right thing all the time when you are off of the Whole30 because now you have a choice? Or do you just generally feel that way when following the Whole30?

I guess it's just natural to gravitate back to the way we are eating once the Whole30 is over. Those are some deeply ingrained habits. I don't have much of a choice though because my health is at stake.

Do you feel like you obsess about doing the right thing all the time when you are off of the Whole30 because now you have a choice? Or do you just generally feel that way when following the Whole30?

NO, I don't obsess during a whole30 because I have strict rules I don't want to break. It's guidance. The minute it's over and I lose that guidance, I am left to the wolves. LOL. I am so off track right now, it's scary.

You are definitely an abstainer and not a moderator then! Did we talk about this before? 

http://whole30.com/2013/08/moderation/

And maybe the whole "Am I being "bad" if I eat this?" thing causes you additional stress? Although I've never met you in person, I know something of how your mind works in regards to food!

I am NOT a moderator!!! This is why I don't drink alcohol either. Couldn't moderate with that, and was well on my way to a bigger problem with it. I stopped and haven't had a drink in almost 3.5 years. Somehow with food, it's much harder.

a lot of it is my Husband. He gets "tired" of eating the "same stuff" and then becomes a poor influence. He brought me home a peppermint patty the other day from the store. Of course I ate it. It's my favorite. I've got to get him to stop it.

Good morning everyone.

I am feeling my mindset swing back to healthy again. I just keep thinking about how my body needs good, healthy foods to function and when I'm not giving it good food, I'm just punishing myself. I have Hashimoto's and I've been losing my hair pretty bad, but when my Whole100 was going on, it all but stopped. Now that I'm eating grains, and sugar again, it's kicking back up. The amount of hair loss is pretty startling some times. My pants are feeling tighter again. My face is more red and irritated. I don't want this. It's not worth it, and I know it.

The other day at work I was starving and grabbed a bag of Fritos. They were so gross. They weren't good at all, and they didn't fill me up in the least. I have these realizations now, where I never did before.  I bought a diet pepsi the other week too. First soda in over 6 months. It was terrible. I used to LOVE these things and I couldn't even drink half of it. I dumped it right down the drain when I got home.

First step is going to be removing sugar from my coffee, and then the creamer, and sugar in general! Other than that, I haven't been doing TOO bad.  I haven't really had any diary so I'm not worried about that.

So this is it. Day 1 of trying to turn things around. I already sent an email to my husband and told him not to buy me any junk food anymore.

Archived