WholeMama623's POST Whole100 Daily Ramblings on Reintroduction

WholeMama623

I am NOT a moderator!!! This is why I don't drink alcohol either. Couldn't moderate with that, and was well on my way to a bigger problem with it. I stopped and haven't had a drink in almost 3.5 years. Somehow with food, it's much harder.

It makes sense that it's harder with food, because as humans/mammals/living things we don't have the option to say we're going to abstain from food entirely.

Interestingly enough, I saw a wonderful Periscope (live streaming talk) with our leader Melissa Hartwig, and she revealed that she'd had a decade-long drug addiction. So she drew on a lot of what she had learned from overcoming that in designing the Whole30.

I'm glad you are feeling more motivated today. The sugar is the main issue for me, too. I want to try reintroducing foods after this Whole30 without, as you like to say, going "buck wild" with the sugar.

We are worth it and we deserve to be healthy, right?  :)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Britt ~  Good for you !  You are a smart person, and it is good to hear that you are pulling up your boot straps and continuing on.  You can only move forward and you know what you need - what your body needs.   Your body thanks you - and It is awesome that you are so in tune to your body

Okay,

Game face on today!

Everything that came to work with me today is Whole30 Compliant. I am not doing a Whole30 per say, but I am going to follow the rules as MUCH as I can. There will be things like honey in recipes but, I'm going to let that happen.

My joints hurt from eating sugar. My face is breaking out from diary, and my pants are becoming uncomfortable again from the bloat from the grains. I am not going to let this get out of control for me again. I refuse.

So I had my coffee black this morning, and grabbed an apple for breakfast.

Lunch is fresh ground chicken patty made in my George Forman cooker, with broccoli slaw sautéed in olive oil and carrots.  Dinner with probably be baked chicken breasts with sautéed Brussels.

Dinner last night was just as planned! Baked chicken breast, Brussels sautéed in olive oil and paleo mayo. I did follow up with a banana and a individual serving pouch of almond butter.

Today, is pretty much the same... black coffee, an apple, more baked chicken breast (with mayo), and sprouts. I also brought more broccoli slaw too. We'll see what dinner is tonight, I'm not sure!

I am feeling better already knowing that I'm back on track. I'm treating it like a whole30, but I'm not doing one, which is funny. LOL. I am going to a party on Friday where there will likely not be compliant items, but I will try to do the best I can. I love veggie trays for this reason! I am avoiding candy, and refined sugars at ALL COSTS. No Halloween candy for me!

Good morning!

Last night for dinner we had steamed cauliflower.. it was a steamfresh bag and had a few ingredients, but nothing too bad. With that we had bay scallops sautéed in butter, and I had some baby carrots with guacamole. I still knew I had not eaten enough today, but without munching on grains, soy, or dairy, I called it a night and just drank a big bottle of kombucha instead.

I am up 5 lbs from where I was when I ended the Whole100, and this is honestly what I needed to see. I am pretty bummed. I was so close to being back at my pre-pregnancy weight, and now I'm almost 10 lbs away again. So I am really focusing on staying as close to whole30 compliant as I can when I have control.

Today,  I have black coffee, a banana, 3 eggs and canned carrots and green beans. I also have half a chicken breast left over from yesterday that I may or may not eat. We have a pork loin in the crock pot with honey, cinnamon, and apple slices. The first time I had it, I was really unsure how I would like it, but it's SO good. It's even better after it sits for a night in the fridge. It almost feels like dessert because it's sweet. Still not sure what to eat it with, so I just eat a big bowl of it.

Mmmn, scallops and pork loin. Those both sound delicious.

Sorry to hear about your weight gain. :(  It seems like it comes back on pretty easily after just a little "off-roading." I would have the pork loin with something a little wintry like butternut squash or Brussels sprouts, but YMMV.

Mmmn, scallops and pork loin. Those both sound delicious.

Sorry to hear about your weight gain. :(  It seems like it comes back on pretty easily after just a little "off-roading." I would have the pork loin with something a little wintry like butternut squash or Brussels sprouts, but YMMV.

mmmm! Squash sounds pretty good actually!

The weight gain is not a surprise. I gain very easily, especially when I eat anything salty. I'm not exercising either, which really isn't helping. I'm really struggling with motivation by the time we've had dinner, and played with our daughter a bit. It's just always seemed like it's really hard for me to lose weight. There are those people that lose 10-20 lbs during a whole30, and I did a whole100 and only lost 7, which was awesome for me. I wish it came off a little easier, and maybe it would if I stayed complaint AND was more active!

Hello!

Last night for dinner we had the apple cinnamon/honey pork loin. It was really good, but that's all I had. I know I'm not eating enough. I think yesterday I had only eaten about 1,000 calories. (I am loosely counting) It's not intentional at all, but it's lack of food in the house, and just eating what I can that is compliant. I COULD have snacked on some tortilla chips but I didn't. We need to get more healthy food in the house today.

I am off tomorrow, Monday & Tuesday. Maybe I will make some paleo muffins or something, and then there is Halloween and TWO Halloween parties.. goodness! I hope I do okay this weekend.

Tina,

My weekend was... well, not good! Friday was just OKAY, and I didn't have anything until almost 2:30. I was busy running around with my daughter and decided to stop at Waffle House for lunch. Eggs, hash browns and eggs with cheese... oh yeah, and sweet tea. Grrrr. The next day I had taco salad, and then my mom had her Halloween party. UGH. I had more gluten free brownies and rice krispy treats than I could probably count. I felt like GARBAGE at the end of the night. Sunday, was eh... started out good but then I ate some gluten free cocoa puffs with coconut milk. I hadn't had cereal in MONTHS, so I had a second bowl. I saw my grand father to visit, so we had Waffle House AGAIN!

Honestly, I could keep going, but it's pointless. LOL.

Today, I'm back on track and have resigned to staying pretty much Whole30 until Thanksgiving. I had two eggs, sweet potato, and bacon for breakfast. I did have a cup of OJ that we had bought, too. For lunch I had Cod with peas and butter, and  a sweet potato with butter. I feel like I'm back on track for now, and know that I can I can GET back on track again!

I did jump on the scale on Friday (before everything) and I'd lost 4.6 lbs from the last time I weighed. It must have been water weight. Luckily now I am almost back to where I was when the Whole100 finished.

Thanks for checking in on me!!!

Another weekend completely off the rails. I ate a ton of junk. My period is coming and I'm blaming that, although, it's really just an excuse.

I'm going to do another Whole100 in the new year, I believe. Between now and then, I'm going to just do the best I can. I know I should start now, but I need some mental time to come to terms with it again.

Knowing that i'll be starting on Jan 1st helps a lot. There is so much going on this time of year, that I just can't dedicate to it.

Well, I did the math and 100 days from January 1st, hits while we are on vacation (in Disney.. again! LOL)

So, I'm going to do a Whole90, or 95. This will give me a few days to do a few reintro's before we go. Last time, I had about 40 days before our trip. I did eat a whole lot of crap in Disney, but didn't seem to have any bad things happen from it.

On one hand I feel like clean eating for 90 days before a vacation is kind of pointless, but on the other hand, how is clean eating EVER pointless? It'll keep me on track and feeling good for 90 DAYS.

I congratulate you on deciding to do another 100 ish....  I couldn't do it -  I am currently doing a whole 30 and will be done right before Thanksgiving... In time to enjoy my pecan pie !   I don't have the discipline to do more than 30.   Try to not drive yourself crazy until then ~  you have been doing pretty good.

Thanks Tina! I will admit the first 15 -20 days of the Whole100 are hard because you know how have WAY longer than 30 days, but once I hit 50 days, it really flew by. I looked and felt my best during this time, and I owe it to myself to do another round. It's the only way I stay disciplined!!!!

In the mean time, every day, I write goals for myself in a notebook that I carry around with me. Stuff like "drink 8 glasses of water;" and "eat 3 veggies today" kind of deal. It helps me to have tangible goals to stick to, and not just mental sticky notes!

• 3 weeks later...

Well. I'm back. I will admit I just stopped coming to this site because it filled me with guilt because I was eating so poorly.

It's a tough decision but I'm starting another Whole100 TOMORROW.

Thanksgiving was just the icing on the terrible eating cake, and I'm actually READY and looking forward to getting back on a STRICT track. I know that doing this in the month of December is just ASKING for trouble, but I will deal. We have a lot of things going on this month, but my health is more important. I've been having a lot of lower left quadrant pain, and went to see my Gyno, thinking it was an issue with my ovary. When everything came back clear, my Gyn asked me some questions and immediately referred me to see a GI. I am going tomorrow. My Gyn said it sounded like Diverticulitis and I should go get checked out. Honestly, it makes sense. I need to treat my body better! Nothing I eat is worth the way I feel afterwards..

So, I'm going to set up another Whole100 log, and I hope that if ANYONE  is following (Tina, Julie, and Donna Especially!) that you will come and cheer me on again! I'm going to need it!!

I got your back, Britt! I was just thinking yesterday that I need to start tracking again even if I'm not Whole30-ing right now. I do better when I'm tracking.

I had some medication issues and fell off the wagon again, good grief.

So glad I have someone cheering me on!! The link to my new journal is below in my signature! :)

Archived