simple whole30 compliant b-fast smoothie?

brent83

So I have a ton of frozen fruit and want to use up some and would like to make some smoothies for breakfast. Not a huge fan because they don't generally fill me up until lunch but some days I will do this instead of the usually eggs (and I need to get rid of the frozen fruit!)

So...what is your guys favorite simple b-fast smoothies (that obviously include frozen fruit (assorted fruit I have from coscto). I dont' want to experiment too much as I don't want to waste too much so any suggestions is much appreciated. I'm thinking something that incorporates eggs (not scared of raw eggs), greens (spinach, kale, avocado, etc) vanilla, cinnamon, etc etc. What about cacoa? You guys ever throw that stuff in?

Some good proportions would help. I made a coconut creamer the other night (coconut milk, vanilla, raw egg) and it isn't bad but didn't care for it in my coffee so maybe in a smoothie?

thanks for any tips!

Don't want to bust your bubble, but smoothies aren't W30 friendly. Drinking your food is not the same as eating, your brain doesn't get the same signals it would from chewing and swallowing your food. If anything, I would do a small smoothie with the fruit at the end of your breakfast. But since it's frozen fruit and not fresh (that will go bad soon), why not just wait until after your W30?

well, I'm ordering a bunch of grass fed beef so need the freezer space. I'm not too worried about a few small smoothies. I'm having them with solid food anywho. Whether I have the fruit in solid form or liquid form, for me it really doesn't make a difference. I'm not using the smoothies as a crutch, just a small addition to get some fruit in...I need a little sweetness to make up for 0 sugar! Now for some recipes...I'll have to look around!

I did this totally from the hip after reading the article - I'm very much a kitchen six-shooter gal -

I did strawberries, some slices of fresh ginger, approximately 2 tbsp of maple syrup (the only sweetener I have in the house right not). Then I added water to almost fill the jar and closed it tight. I let mine go for about 48 hours and it was YUMMY! Right now I have big jars going - Golden apple and grape, and pear and basil. The apple one is ready now, but the pear may take another day. Super fun kitchen experiment, for sure!

Forgot to add - you could totally skip the ginger! I'm just a big fan ;0)

Robin, can you use maple syrup DURING the whole30? And I noticed in the original post it talked about Vanilla? Could we use pure vanilla during the W30?

No to maple syrup

Yes to vanilla - if you mean the pods or seeds, most extracts are out because of alcohol or glycerin.

Archived