Kara's Whole30 Accountability Log!

LuvHaleiwa

Well, day 1 is in the books. I successfully made it through the first day and here's what I've already learned...

1. The mind is a very powerful thing. Yesterday I craved Oreo's all day. I know I haven't been on the plan long enough for my body to crave garbage, but my mind knows I'm cutting out the junk and it's not going to go down without a fight. The funny thing is I've never been a huge Oreo eater. I had them maybe once a year or possibly less.

2. When making the homemade mayo, read the directions - don't assume you know what  you're doing. I tried putting all ingredients together all at once and then blending - my first attempt turned out to be an egg and oil liquid (yuck!). After reading the directions carefully and following them to a T, I was able to make very delicious mayo.

3. If I stick to the food template I'll never be hungry. I had difficulty getting all of my veg in as the protein filled me up. I suppose I need to work on portion control.

4. I'm already, after only 24 hours, not as gassy as normal.

5. If you really miss cream in your coffee, try coconut cream - it's delicious. I had a can of coconut milk in the fridge and skimmed the cream off the top. I know it has a lot of fat, but it sure tastes good. I don't think I'll use it everyday, but it'll be a nice treat from time to time.

6. Meal preparation is key. Since I had all of my meals prepared in advance, I wasn't tempted to go and grab something. Let's hope it stays that way for the remaining 29 days!

Has anyone else started in the last few days? How's it going for you?

Hope nobody minds my rambling - I just thought it would be a good way to keep me accountable.

Archived