Potato Starch

NY2LA2MONTREAL

• 1 year later...

Can we use potato starch in potato kugel? This is a dish with same ingredients as potato latkes except it's baked in a pan and can be cut into neat pieces like cake. (grated potatoes, eggs, oil, onions, salt and pepper. My recipe happens to also call for some potato starch and baking powder...) 

Potato starch is fine. And Potato Kugel with the ingredients you describe would be fine - the sweet versions not so much.

Much of what you might want to ask will have been asked before, including this question. The best way to search the forum is via Google - type in 'Whole30' + 'you query' (so in this case 'whole30 potato starch') and you'll be linked to previous discussions on the topic.

As per the forum rules please do not cross post the same question in multiple threads.

Thank you jmcbn. I tried to search the forum with the search box above the forum itself and didn't find anything. I will try google from now on.

Sorry about the double post.  I was't sure how it worked. I thought that perhaps I wouldn't receive any responses here since I hadn't started a new thread and had only posted my question as part of a two year old thread... 

1 hour ago, Rochelle Baron said:

I thought that perhaps I wouldn't receive any responses here since I hadn't started a new thread and had only posted my question as part of a two year old thread... 

No worries - when you comment on a thread it automatically gets moved to the top of the 'recent actvity' stream :)

Archived