1.5 yrs in the waiting, here I go!

Celestial

Hi Happy Whole 30 Family! I hope to be a source of encouragement to you and I know I'll gather the strength I need to, from community! And I plan on posting a journal to track my progress, pain, triumphs and to keep me accountable.

I've known about this for a few yrs but not had the guts to do it. Or rather the desperation to be willing to give up my vices.

Long story short-ish version:

I'm in the health and fitness field and though I would never recommend any client the extremes I've taken, the fact is that I've abused my body and now after this past competition am in need of a serious re-set. I knew I was 'in the hole' but continued on to be able to compete (bodybuiling stuff) with a friend who was travelling to be with me. I am thankful today (and hopefully tomorrow and the next day, etc...) that I had that experience so I can be motiated to appreciate the value of what I'm buying into here...

Listened to a pod-cast today where Melissa talked about 30 days to change your life and I believe it! I don't think I ever had such a screwed up relationship with food as I do now! One moment I'm all in raw vegan and loving high vibration foods, the next I'm desperate for energy and drinking Monster. Gah! :o right!?

I'm throwing out my pre-wko now and some thermogenics that did no good this last prep and my faux meat. Protien powders are gone. Artificial sweeteners and their gut bacteria destroying weapons are gone from my diet. Even Stevia,  :unsure: gone until I'm all clean and clear.

~to a happier healthier me~

Hi Ladyshanny! thanks and "no". I'm too desperate to still eat soy... I'll be doing lots of eggs, some fish and chicken...grass fed beef in small quantities if my gut can handle it. (I did a 21Day Sugar Detox last fall - primarily to get off artificial sweeteners and skinny mocha sauce in my decaf from stbcks... and went from veg to omni and was SO bloated. Some thought I had so down regulated some stomach enzyems that meat was tough for me to break down. I do now take a pro-biotic, though... I "can" eat "meat" it is just a psycological battle, especially the preparation of...)

• Administrators

OK. And at the risk of vegan/veggie backlash, welcome back to omni. :)

Check out this article that might help with some of your meat issues: http://whole9life.com/2013/02/eating-meat-a-primer-for-the-meat-challenged-2/

Also, you can continue to take probiotics but you might also do well with a digesetive enzyme while your body gets used to meat in larger quantities.

Day one~

whew!

1st day w/e Pre-work out in a looong time:

>pre-run, green tea with lite coconut milk and a little gelatin, trying to get shoes on had to have another cup

run/hike would have sucked for a training session but considering what I am doing and how I am healing my bod, it was ok. Mantra "I am more than a bodybuilding competitor!"

Post *need a packable fuel source* by the time I ate...then after just bloated and energy-less, even though I hardly 'worked'

>half a plantain, half zucchini, one egg, one white and a little turkey, handful sliced almonds

>lunch: protien salad, sardines, olives, HB egg

>dinner: seared ahi (6oz guess) half and avocado, baby greens, cabbage, carrots, coconut cream

>snack: zucchini, egg, apple muffin (not much apple) lots of powdered ginger, coconut and coconut cream

some black coffee - 3oz - only caffein besides matcha this AM and some swigs of coconut water saved me today

I hope my egg muffins, which I only did as muffins, bc it was easier to make portions than a fritatta, are ok...

I tracked my first meal in macros then gave up because I know that's not the point and I need to get free from that and learn to trust my gut - pun intended.  ;)  

• Administrators

Day one~

whew!

1st day w/e Pre-work out in a looong time:

>pre-run, green tea with lite coconut milk and a little gelatin, trying to get shoes on had to have another cup

run/hike would have sucked for a training session but considering what I am doing and how I am healing my bod, it was ok. Mantra "I am more than a bodybuilding competitor!"

Post *need a packable fuel source* by the time I ate...then after just bloated and energy-less, even though I hardly 'worked'

>half a plantain, half zucchini, one egg, one white and a little turkey, handful sliced almonds

>lunch: protien salad, sardines, olives, HB egg

>dinner: seared ahi (6oz guess) half and avocado, baby greens, cabbage, carrots, coconut cream

>snack: zucchini, egg, apple muffin (not much apple) lots of powdered ginger, coconut and coconut cream

some black coffee - 3oz - only caffein besides matcha this AM and some swigs of coconut water saved me today

I hope my egg muffins, which I only did as muffins, bc it was easier to make portions than a fritatta, are ok...

I tracked my first meal in macros then gave up because I know that's not the point and I need to get free from that and learn to trust my gut - pun intended.  ;)  

Your lunch and dinner look good but where was your breakfast?  

Preworkout, if you choose to have it and given that you are in a sort of recovery right now, I would if I were you, is protein and fat.  Post workout should be lean protein and starchy veggie (think chicken breast/tuna with sweet potato).  The fact that you had to snack on the egg muffin (which is fine as long as there was no flour sub in it) is a direct sign that you didn't eat enough.  Eat breakfast going forward and see how you do.

I appreciate the help.

I'm still not really excited to be eating alot of meat...what about a whole egg and 2 whites for post?

I'm learning to eat fewer times vs the 6 a day I've been used to! So happy for the guidance thank you!!

I think Day two was better:

here's my link for the log:

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/30289-celestials-whole-30/?p=326493

• Administrators

I appreciate the help.

I'm still not really excited to be eating alot of meat...what about a whole egg and 2 whites for post?

I'm learning to eat fewer times vs the 6 a day I've been used to! So happy for the guidance thank you!!

I think Day two was better:

here's my link for the log:

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/30289-celestials-whole-30/?p=326493

Post workout recommendations is lean protein so the whole egg would be out...but egg whites definitely fit the bill! :) I'll go check out your log.

Archived