painful feet

For the past year I have had very painful feet--they felt like someone had taken a bat to them.  At first it came and went--seemed related to weather.  Then it quit "wenting" and started staying.  The doctors said it was probably diabetic neuropathy--despite the fact that I don't have a diabetic diagnosis.  They said maybe it was a penumbra for diabetes--that most foot pain is.  They also thought my mom had diabetic neuropathy, despite her normal blood sugars and normal weight for height.

When I reached week 3.5 the pain disappeared for over a week.  Then occasionally a little pain.

Last Friday I ate some Muenster cheese--Sunday afternoon the pain was back with a vengeance...so I am thinking dairy products may be causing the pain.  Anyone have similar experiences?

I have finished my 30 days plus some--mostly staying on the diet because, for the first time in my life the diet is easy-- and mostly I can live with it. But, I have not learned all I want to learn from it.   I don't have the book--I am wondering where to find the post 30 routine without having to buy the book.

• Moderators

Congratulations on finishing your Whole30!

Here's a link to the I Finished My Whole30 section of the site -- in particular, you'll probably want to read through the Reintroductions section, and the Life After Your Whole30 section. There are also links in my signature to the regular reintroduction instructions and the slow roll reintroduction instructions. If you have any questions about any of it, just ask. 

After I did my first Whole30, I did some reintroductions, and then I decided to keep eating Whole30 style for a while, but with the addition of half & half in my coffee each morning, because that's what I really missed. Within a week or two of that, I noticed that some aches and pains that had gone away during my Whole30 came back. Since the only thing that changed was the addition of dairy, I'm pretty sure that was the problem. I can usually have some dairy without noticing any problems (not that that makes it good for me, it just means whatever it's doing to me isn't immediately noticeable), but having it daily definitely did not work well for me. 

RuthP,

I also have a lot of pain in my feet. It seems that they become inflamed easily and the joints and muscles can really hurt. As long as I stick with the Whole30 plan they're in pretty good shape, but once I add dairy or beer (yes, I love beer) the aches and pains return. It happens every time. So, yes, I know what you're talking about.

Gout.  Gout vs. diabetic neuropathy.  The symptoms can be similar...especially with beer. Darker beers bring it on quicker than lighter beers.    :ph34r: Hmm mmmm.

http://www.webmd.com/arthritis/features/gout-and-diabetes

Gout and type 2 diabetes often co-exist in people with common physical characteristics and conditions.

(But gout can happen without ever having T2).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived