Day 2 and HUNGRY

JanzT

I am on day 2 and am very hungry. Throughout the day was fine but during tonight's training (weightlifting) I found myself noticeably hungry also after having steak and a lot of veges for dinner about half hour later I am hungry again. What should I do, eat more protein? drink more water and sleep on it?? Does the hunger go away?

Sounds like you need more to eat, try 1/2 baked sweet potato with some protein, like 1/2 chicken breast or your steak. If I'm having a tough workout, I have the yam with protein 30 minutes prior, then my meal as soon as I get home. That should help. Also be very sure you're fully hydrated! Hang in there, you need to experiment on yourself, maybe you're combo before the workout is protein plus fat, like a hard cooked egg with a couple of strips of bacon. You just need to try both and see what makes you feel and perform best. You can do this!

• Moderators

It is important to start your day with a big breakfast with protein, fat, and veggies and then eat big again with protein, fat, and veggies for lunch and supper. If you skip breakfast or go light on one or two meals, you often cannot make up for it by eating extra big at supper in my experience. Your body needs adequate nourishment all day. So, be sure to eat at least 3 big meals and if you need to you can eat 4 or 5 meals to feed yourself.

Pre- and post-workout meals are bonus meals to adjust your intake to compensate for working out. Pre-workout meals should include protein and fat like 2 or 3 boiled eggs. Post-workout meals should include lean protein and may include a carby veggie like sweet potato.

Snacking is not necessary and is not a great idea. Better than eating a piece of fruit or some nuts when hungry between meals is to eat a mini-meal or even add a whole meal.

Personally, I have never fallen asleep while hungry no matter how much water I drink. When hungry, eat.

I am on day two. I also felt hungry after my workout (hard cross-fit workout). I am still struggling with finding the right amount. Today, I did not eat enough for breakfast. I will survive, but lunch will be a bigger amount. LOL I am trying to do as people suggested above, drinking more water, etc. The suggestions on the yams was a good one. I did that after my workout and that was more filling with a high quality protein.

Thanks guys. Today I made sure I did exactly that. I had a bigger breakfast and also a decent lunch around 12.30 this saw me through till around 4.30pm I then had a serving of chicken pre workout. I found myself not as hungry which was good also keeping up the water intake.

What are your thoughts on protein shake post training. The protein I'm using at the moment is pretty clean. Once home from training I eat dinner straight away with protein vege and some fats. Would you recommend protein shake once a day post training is this considered ok for whole30? I just find it the easiest option straight after training

Ok thanks for clearing that up for me Robin. What are some good options for post training. Would you say it's ok to go straight home and eat dinner straight away without having that post workout meal. , or is it better to have a post work out meal and then dinner once home? Just trying different options.

Honestly it depends on your goals, and how you feel after a workout. I can make it home just fine (usually... I'm a CrossFitter so it all depends) most of the time. But, I'm not looking to gain much mass and I'm not completely exhausted after each workout. If you find you're especially tired, or are looking to build muscle mass, I'd bring some chicken, turkey, tuna, etc. and some sweet potato with you to the gym.

Archived