Late Crossfit Classes

kruddock

I will be going to some crossfit classes that are a little later than I am used to, so I just wanted some confirmation about the timing of my meals/snacks.

Today: Breakfast @ 6am, Lunch @ 1:30pm, get home from work at 5:45pm, snack @ 6:00pm, crossfit class @ 6:30-7:30pm, supper when I get home? or should I squeeze in a postWOD snack and wait and then have supper?

Tomorrow: Breakfast @ 6am, Lunch @ 1:00pm, get home from work at 5:45pm, supper @ 6:30pm, crossfit class @ 7:45-8:45pm, postWOD snack when I get home.  I don't think I can fit in a preWOD snack.

I usually go to bed at 10:00pm.  Will the timing of all of this work or will I have trouble sleeping do you think?

• Moderators

CrossFit is pretty demanding. I would eat some lean protein as soon as class is over and then eat supper when I got home. When I went to noon classes, I ate a can of tuna after class and then came home and prepared and ate my lunch.

I often sleep just 2 hours after finishing a big meal. 

CrossFit is pretty demanding. I would eat some lean protein as soon as class is over and then eat supper when I got home. When I went to noon classes, I ate a can of tuna after class and then came home and prepared and ate my lunch.

I often sleep just 2 hours after finishing a big meal.

thanks! I will bring something with me to the gym to eat right after then.

So the 6:30pm class went well for the meal timing, I had a postWOD snack right after and then supper when I got home. The 7:45pm class was just okay, I got home at 5:50pm, ate supper at 6:30pm and then went to class at 7:45pm, however, at the start of the class I felt like my supper was starting to come up a bit but then it subsided. Maybe I need to make a better choice for supper before a WOD? Supper was shepherds pie made with white potato, carrots & celery in the beef, brushed with ghee on top for fat and I also had a side salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Any better suggestions for a preWOD meal?

BTW, I had a postWOD snack at 9:15pm. That's all I can manage before bed.

So the 6:30pm class went well for the meal timing, I had a postWOD snack right after and then supper when I got home. The 7:45pm class was just okay, I got home at 5:50pm, ate supper at 6:30pm and then went to class at 7:45pm, however, at the start of the class I felt like my supper was starting to come up a bit but then it subsided. Maybe I need to make a better choice for supper before a WOD? Supper was shepherds pie made with white potato, carrots & celery in the beef, brushed with ghee on top for fat and I also had a side salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Any better suggestions for a preWOD meal?

BTW, I had a postWOD snack at 9:15pm. That's all I can manage before bed.

I would try a slightly bigger pre-WO style meal when you get home, before the class. For me (a woman, normal weight, very active) that would be 2 hard-boiled eggs and maybe 1/2-3/4 a serving of olives, maybe a schmear of mayo or guac on the eggs after slicing them in half. Or a decent size salad with olives and oil & vinegar dressing. Then I would bring two bites of chicken and two bites of sweet potato to eat in the car on the way home, just to tie me over. When I got home, I would eat dinner, then shower, bed, etc.

I will try a bigger preWOD snack before the workout, regular postWOD snack immediately after and a light supper when I get home, my problem is that I would get home at 9pm and I don't think I can eat a full size supper just before bed. I will play around with portions and types of foods. Thanks.

I will try a bigger preWOD snack before the workout, regular postWOD snack immediately after and a light supper when I get home, my problem is that I would get home at 9pm and I don't think I can eat a full size supper just before bed. I will play around with portions and types of foods. Thanks.

Increase the size of your M2 - particularly the fat content & this should allow for the lighter supper without compromising your energy levels next day - and maybe make the postWO a bit more than 2 or 3 bites each of protein & starchy carbs. I'd probably up the protein a bit postWO for sure.

Increase the size of your M2 - particularly the fat content & this should allow for the lighter supper without compromising your energy levels next day - and maybe make the postWO a bit more than 2 or 3 bites each of protein & starchy carbs. I'd probably up the protein a bit postWO for sure.

Sounds good!

Archived