Ready to go all in - 2nd round - Looking for buddies

miemoo

Hi,

This will be my second Whole30 - I've fallen off the wagon big time and need to clean things up. I got great results last time and I have no idea why I went back to my old ways. I'm a bridesmaid in 8 weeks time so I have a little extra incentive to lose this creeping muffin top and get happy and glowing.

Happy to connect over FB if anyone wants an accountability buddy - this helped me a lot on my first one.

Measuring myself and chucking the scales now.

To good health everyone!

:D

Hi miemoo - I don't do FACEBOOK but I would be more than happy to be an accountability buddy thru this forum.  My husband I are starting tomorrow and well all the support would be a great motivator.  My niece is getting married on October 18th so we have similar motivating criteria.

FYI, I won a trip from Los Angeles to OZ during your Bicentennial quite a few years back.  Spent a month down under and saw as much of the country (Sydney, Perth, Alice Springs, Ayers Rock, Coober Pedy, Cairns, Hamilton Island, Brisbane) as we could.  Found Darrell Lea licquorice OMG!  but........definitely not WHOLE 30 compliant.  :lol:

Good luck & G'Day!!!!

Hi miemoo

I'm not doing an official Whole 30 at the moment, as I have a lot of stressful stuff going on that could pull me off course (or at least out of the country) but I'm happy to be accountability buddies with you for the Whole-whatever that I'm doing - anything to stop me buying a bottle of wine and a tub of ice cream! And being in the same time zone is always a bonus when you need to be talked down off a (chocolate) ledge!

NY2LA - I got incredibly drunk on sambucca once and for at least 3 years afterwards I couldn't walk past a Darrell Lea store without gagging because of the smell of liquorice! Sadly, those stores are all gone now.

Hi miemoo - I don't do FACEBOOK but I would be more than happy to be an accountability buddy thru this forum.  My husband I are starting tomorrow and well all the support would be a great motivator.  My niece is getting married on October 18th so we have similar motivating criteria.

FYI, I won a trip from Los Angeles to OZ during your Bicentennial quite a few years back.  Spent a month down under and saw as much of the country (Sydney, Perth, Alice Springs, Ayers Rock, Coober Pedy, Cairns, Hamilton Island, Brisbane) as we could.  Found Darrell Lea licquorice OMG!  but........definitely not WHOLE 30 compliant.  :lol:

Good luck & G'Day!!!!

Hi NY2LA2MONTREAL,

Omg, haha, I know Darrell Lea liquorice! I am also a huge fan. Did you get to Blue Mountains west of Sydney? That's where I live. Thank you for helping me out on here, looking forward to it.

Hi miemoo

I'm not doing an official Whole 30 at the moment, as I have a lot of stressful stuff going on that could pull me off course (or at least out of the country) but I'm happy to be accountability buddies with you for the Whole-whatever that I'm doing - anything to stop me buying a bottle of wine and a tub of ice cream! And being in the same time zone is always a bonus when you need to be talked down off a (chocolate) ledge!

NY2LA - I got incredibly drunk on sambucca once and for at least 3 years afterwards I couldn't walk past a Darrell Lea store without gagging because of the smell of liquorice! Sadly, those stores are all gone now.

Hi GoJo09, 

Yay, a Sydney person. Thanks for the support. I'm also going through a stressful time. I'm staying down in Sydney 3 nights a week and being away from home makes it more challenging to be strict with food. I'll just have to find a way though. If you are on FB and prefer to be accountable there I find it more convenient so feel free to send me a friend request (Mieke Nyssen), otherwise, on here is fine too. Cheers.

Just sent you a friend request! Gosh, 3 nights away from home every week must be so rough, especially if you're staying with friends those nights.

My mother was diagnosed with cancer about 6 weeks ago and it's particularly aggressive and untreatable, I start a new managment position in less than a month, and my flatmate told me while I was away visiting my mother that she's moving out at the end of the month! So yeah, pretty stressfull over here! Which is why I need to keep in control of the food side of things - I don't need sugar bringing me down!

GoJo09

So sorry to hear about your Mom, I can only imagine what you are going thru right now.  My heart and prayers are with your mom and family at this time. 

At times like this you have to focus on your health and a support network.  I hope you are not alone in this....

just know and that I and hundreds of others on this program will be here for you should you need a shoulder.

May you go from strength to strength.

NY2LA2MONTREAL - How are you going? I'm in the middle of Day 2 here. It's going well - right now in the afternoons are dangerous times for me though, all I want is bread and coffee but I know that dinner will be so sweet if I just ride it out. I'm feeling positive changes already. Feeling more productive and wake up a little brighter in the morning. 

Hi there miemoo and friends! I am about to start my second whole30 tomorrow as well. I did brilliantly on the last one, and am keen to get some similar results (after too much alcohol and crap food of late resulting in recurrent colds ugh!!) I am also in search of an accountability buddy so will try adding you on facey and send you a message so you know who I am :) 

Miemoo

Finished Day 2.  My husband who is Type 2 Diabetic had no low sugar symptons and his readings are in the normal range.  And as for me, who loves sugar and needs crunch - I had none of those cravings - let's see how day 3 goes :lol:

I had no time to think about anything because I was busy cooking...but like you I am feeling positive changes...like I said no cravings of sugar...but I DO NOT LIKE COCONUT OIL -- a few years back I was working with a nutritionist and he prescribed Caprillic Acid which has a coconut based (it tasted like soap) and while I like coconut, not this oil.  I will focus on chicken fat.  My husband who loves coffee didn't even have any these past 2 days.

today we are going to COSTCO and picking up some meat.  After observing the protein consumption these past 2 days, we realized need to stock up.  One of the best purchases I made a couple of years back is a FOOD SAVER.  I am not sure if you have this in OZ (I would be surprised if you didn't).  It vacuum seals food.  I create packages of 2 chicken breasts, steaks.  The vacuum sealing cuts down on freezer burn and I take out what I need the day before to defrost. 

Today, me and my food saver will be very busy.

Thanks for checking in --- this is a very positive part of the program --- SUPPORT and ACCOUNTABILITY

HAVE A GREAT DAY 3.  I can't wait to share DAY3 experience.

Archived