Too much starchy vegetables? (Again...)

All day I've been wondering as I read through the forums, if I am eating too much starchy vegetable (mostly in the form of sweet potato). In the forums, the mods say "a fist size serving per day." I may, some days, many days?, have up to two fist size servings. I've backed way off of fruit, although I've never gone over the two serving per day rule. I am relatively easily making it past the four hour mark, getting to where I don't usually want to eat until very close to the five hour mark. So I'm thinking that I must be active enough to deal with this. But could I be impeding my fat loss??

• Moderators

I ate two big sweet potatoes every day when I began my Whole30 journey. I lost 2 pounds per month like clock work for 15 months in a row. Maybe I would have lost a half pound more per month if I had eaten just one big sweet potato per day, but maybe not. And I got tiger blood after just 2 weeks. I'm not worried about how much you are eating starchy veggies. 

I ate two big sweet potatoes every day when I began my Whole30 journey. I lost 2 pounds per month like clock work for 15 months in a row. Maybe I would have lost a half pound more per month if I had eaten just one big sweet potato per day, but maybe not. And I got tiger blood after just 2 weeks. I'm not worried about how much you are eating starchy veggies.

Do you feel the same way about white potatoes? Just wondering.

Do you feel the same way about white potatoes? Just wondering.

Here's a good article showing the nutritional differences of sweet vs white..... Don't be so quick to demonize the humble spud!

*Obviously ignore the recommendation in the article to eat beans, lentils & minimally processed grains!! 

Archived