Macy's Whole30 Diary :-)

Macy30

My name is Macy, I'm 29 and yesterday was the start of my first whole30. My Dr. has been suggesting several weight loss pills but when I saw this program I knew I wanted to try to give myself a kickstart the natural way instead of been mg dependent on meds. I've tried ev.er.y.thing it seems like to lose weight but for the first time I feel like I'm finally doing the right thing.

Here's my day 1 and 2 food log, feel free to comment!

Day 1

Breakfast - 2 over easy eggs, 1.5 cups of grapes

Lunch - Aidells chicken and apple sausage, sugar snap peas, sweet potato with cinnamon

Dinner - steak kabobs cooked with extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder with onion, bell pepper, tomato and baked potato with salt and pepper

Day 2

Breakfast - 2 hard boiled eggs, 1.5 cups cherries

Lunch - salad with lettuce, tomato, hard boiled egg, leftover steak and homemade balsamic vinaigrette dressing

Dinner - salmon w/ evoo and dill, salad with tomato and balsamic vinaigrette and baked potato

Feeling good so far!

Feeling good again today although a little cranky (but that's probably due to work). Extremely PROUD of myself for being able to eat out TWICE today and still stay compliant. I do feel like I'm eating a lot of protein and maybe a little too much salt, does anyone else get concerned about this?

Day 3

Breakfast - 2 hard boiled eggs, 1.5 cups grapes

Lunch - Work lunch out at a restaurant - Salmon prepared without butter with arugula and a side of fresh fruit and berries

Dinner - Date night at Outback - 9 oz sirloin grilled without butter, fresh seasonal veggies prepared without seasoning or butter, sweet potato dry with cinnamon. Ordering with the special preparations is so easy through their website!

Snack - handful of pecans, baby carrots

Also, I found a great salad dressing on pinterest that is compliant:

Balsamic Vinaigrette

• 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar;
  • 1 crushed clove of garlic;
  • 1 tsp dried oregano;
  • 2 tsp Dijon mustard, optional;
  • 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil;
  • Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Day 4

Breakfast - 2 overeasy eggs, 1.5 cups of cherries

Lunch - Salad with lettuce, tomato, homemade balsamic vinaigrette and aidell's chicken and apple sausage

Snack - handful of pecans

Dinner - homemade burgers with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion, 2 kiwi, baked sweet potato fried

My sweet potato fries were nearly a failure last night. I managed to eat them but they weren't really crispy or that good. Any tips on how to make better oven baked fries?

Looking at your meals, if anything you aren't getting enough protein...if eggs are your only protein you should have as many as you can hold in your hand, for a woman usually 3 or 4.

As well your breakfasts are missing both veg and fat. You need at least 1, but really more like 3 cups of veg at every meal and fruit should not push this off your plate. You dont have to eat fruit at all...you'll get all you need from veg. You also need at least a thumbsized portion of fat at every meal too.

Same with your lunch on day 3...you'd have to eat a lot of arugula as it breaks down to nothing in the mouth when eaten raw.

As for salt you are no longer eating processed foods so it is very unlikely you are getting too much.

Oh and snacks are not on plan...you need to eat more at your meals to stop you feeling hungry between meals.

Archived