apple butter spread?

notkevinmyrick

aaah yea, "the fine print" it's getting more tough than I thought. This is my my third time attempting #whole30, but everytime I fail I learn something and this time I think it's gonna happen. Now i'm actually looking at ingredients!!

Yes, it's so easy to make unintentional mistakes. That's why I keep my food super simple. Now, I could be wrong, but aren't you supposed to eat easily digested protein and fat before a workout and dense carbs after? I rarely snack...pretty much have finally figured out how much I need to eat for all 3 meals. Sometimes, I eat a small amount of sweet potato after the gym.

• Moderators

The ideal is protein and fat before a workout and lean protein and maybe a carb-rich veggie like sweet potato afterwards. Our muscles are especially hungry for protein for a few minutes after working out, so you want to eat lean protein and little fat in a post-workout meal so that it digests quickly. If you are lean, you may need carbs to keep your energy up. If you are "not-lean" and want to lose weight, you can skip the carbs in the post-workout meal and just accept having a little less energy.

• 4 months later...

Just use it as a snack with celery or something before a workout or in between meals when I'm hungry

I found that I needed to avoid snacks in between meals to get the most benefit out of the program

If you are truly hungry between meals you should simply trying to eat more at your meals, or add a fourth compleat template meal. this is how you get hormones to fall into line. I used to have to eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours or go mental, watching the clock until I could eat again. Now I can go 5-6 hours or more without the thought of food for the first time in my life!!!

Archived