where's the veg recipes?

hi, i'm having trouble navigating the sea that is vegetarian recipes for the whole30 in terms of finding proper meals. i get the snacks concept i'm seeing all over the interwebs of baking every vegetable known to man into chips, but when it comes to meals, 16 days of eggs/mushrooms/zucchini/sweetpotato/potato/kale/lettuce/tomato/avocado in various combinations has left me searching.

i'm confused about chowstalker - how do i get a search result out of it for both whole30 AND vegetarian? 

is there somewhere for whole30 approved veg meals rather than getting cranky at swypo on pinterest?

help!

I'm really not sure, I'm not vegetarian, but you aren't supposed to snack on the program (3 template meals a day) so homemade chips for snacking purposes aren't ok ;(

understood, which was why i was asking for meals.

I'm just floundering a little by myself working out how to accomodate the template, so was seeking some help + support in terms of veg friendly template following meals. 

• Moderators

I'm not a vegetarian, so I'm not sure how helpful I can be here. What are you using for protein -- are you doing eggs? This article talks a little about making the best choices for non-animal proteins. I think your best bet for finding recipes would be to decide which protein sources you're comfortable using, and instead of trying to find Whole30 vegetarian recipes, maybe look for clean eating vegetarian recipes featuring those protein sources, and then figuring out which ones are Whole30 compliant. Clean eating in general focuses on foods without a bunch of additives, but they may include sweeteners or other items which would make them off limits for a Whole30. 

For choosing which protein sources, I'm not sure what to recommend. I know there was someone on the forum not long ago who ate eggs, so that was all they used for their protein so that they could do the elimination diet aspect of Whole30, adding in various legumes and dairy in a controlled way per the reintroduction protocol (they may have broken things down even further, not just legumes in general but separate days for each type they wanted to test) at the end to determine how those things affected them. I'm not sure if that's something you're interested in. What is your goal for this Whole30? The elimination diet/reintroduction aspect? Just getting your sugar dragon under control? Getting in the habit of cooking your own food? For a regular, omnivore style Whole30, all of these things can be accomplished, but since a vegetarian Whole30 is sort of a compromise anyway, determining what it is you want to accomplish may help you focus on what compromises you make, if that makes sense. 

Shannon, thanks for your thoughts, appreciated.

I'm ok with protein sources - small amounts of tempeh + tofu, eggs everyday, bringing lentils + chickpeas + possibly quinoa & oats back in, as I don't think they were much of a problem anyway. My goal was simply the follow the rules and get through the 30 days. I wasn't concerned before I started about reintro, and didn't really think about the sugar dragon - as I didn't think it was that bad. I'm realising now that sugar is something that I need to be more careful of - simply because there's so much of it in our diets.

Archived