Getting started...not sure when?

Spiderwife

I'm currently reading the whole 30 book and gearing up to start my first whole30 but I need a little help in picking a date. I was thinking about doing it for the whole month of September however I'm a school teacher who returns to school on 1st September and know that those first few days of school are going to be a little busy and stressful....so do I start a few days early? I'm worried that if I start on the 1st the excuses will be easier to creep in whereas I'm off work before September so could devote a bit more time to sorting it and getting started? Any thoughts please?

Emma

I'm on holiday at my in laws at the moment so I don't think it would be feasible to start here although I am starting to restrict/limit non compliant foods in the hope that it makes the whole 30 a little easier to tolerate. I guess I could start next week when I have a full week of holiday left...it does mean navigating a few social situations early on too as we have bank holiday over here. I guess I also don't want to go back to work when I'm on the hardest day on the whole 30, is there a day/period in the program that's the hardest..I could then work backwards from that?

Day 10 is the day that most people quit.

The first few days can be tough as your body goes cold turkey from the sugar, but if you're doing your best to eliminate non compliant foods from now then you should have a good head start. You could also ensure you are drinking at least a half ounce of water per pound of body weight, daily, from here on in which will also help with the process...

I'd say plan to do your food shop & some food prep as soon as you get back from your in-laws & take it from there.

Archived