Day 30 Goal Evaluation

Camille P.

Day 30-  Goal-Evaluation

GOAL #1: I WILL COMPLETE ALL 30 DAYS OF MY WHOLE 30 WITH NO SLIPS OR CHEATS.

How’d I do?

I achieved everything I wanted and then some!

I stuck to Whole 30 foods only for the past 30 days. I feel really good about this choice and I am going to continue going for another 30 days. I will weigh in tomorrow, Day 1 of my next whole 30 (continuing because of wanting to lose weight, kick sugar cravings for good, and continue to stabilize my moods, and help heal tendonitis and athletic injuries). The benefits I’ve experienced have been good sleep every night! I was struggling nightly to sleep before the Whole 30 and was exhausted during the day. I’m sleeping every night now and have energy during the day. I used to regularly need naps and mostly I don’t now. My face is less bloated and I like myself in pictures better. I am less consumed by food and more able to focus on the people I’m with rather than what I’m going to eat next. I feel more motivated in the rest of my life—with doing my physical therapy exercises and workouts, with tackling housekeeping and looking at new routines for staying on top of things at home. Its given me a fresh view on my life and filled me with inspiration for living my best life. I’m less self conscious in my clothes. I still have a way to go, but I can feel a big difference and my husband notices too.

GOAL #2: I WILL WORK OUT IN SMART WAYS THAT DON’T WORSEN INJURIES 5X/WK AND WILL USE AT LEASE 3 OF THESE DAYS (OR 1 EXTRA DAY) TO DO MY PT EXERCISES.

I achieved some, but not all. I did work out 5-6 days per week, some of those days just being physical therapy. I was very diligent with my PT exercises and adding in mobility, especially for shoulder. I would like to focus on feet as well-achilles tendonitis and plantar fasciitis so that I will be able to integrate running back in. I did worsen injuries a couple of times with feet. Tried double unders one day during a workout. I only did 90 in the workout, but hadn’t done them in a long time and my form was bad and it annihilated my feet. Haven’t recovered from that. Before that I was making steady progress. I want to be patient with recovery process and not push it as soon as I’m not actively hurting…give myself some buffer time. And to continue to take care of my calves and feet in addition to shoulder.

GOAL #3: I WILL SPEND TIME QUIETLY LISTENING TO GOD AND BRINGING THIS TO HIM EVERYDAY.

I achieved some but not all. Many days I had my time in the backyard first thing, which I loved. And I did pray about the Whole 30 process a lot. Just not every day like my goal was.

Overall, I feel really good about this last 30 days and I’m so glad I made the choice to do it. I will start again tomorrow and set new goals then! I am scared to weigh in. I hope I didn’t only lose like 2 pounds or something. I feel lighter and can tell I look less bloated and healthier but I can’t tell how much weight I’ve lose. Its still hard for me to look in the mirror and not focus on my stomach (the area I hold onto weight the most).

But this helps—writing about what has gone well and what I have accomplished!

Overall positives I’ve experienced last 30 days:

Sleep better

More energy & less naps

Less cravings for sugar

Not eating before bedtime

Not being mentally as consumed with food

Feeling more in control of my eating and less like food is controlling me

Feel happier most of the time

Feel motivated in the rest of my life

Better moods overall

More motivated in workout routine

Thanks for your post, it's inspirational to hear other people's success stories.  I am just getting started again with Whole 30.  It's been 8 long months now that I've been working through a shoulder injury. I'm going to acupuncture, massage and physical therapy, and figured I owe it to myself to try everything I possibly can to get myself back in working order.

I too have plantar fasciitis ... and guess what  -  it is almost entirely GONE !!  I think all the food that was causing inflammation was the main culprit !   I did have an injection a few months before my w30 and that did not work so was looking at getting another (which was not going to be fun -off foot for a full 48 hrs and painful)  so I decided to do the whole 30.  I have been off all pain meds since Sept-  I only get a pain flair up if I eat what I shouldn't.   I stay away from dairy and all and any wheat/flour -  and NO pain.    I hope that you have the same experience !!  

I went to GA/FL in June -  was able to walk all day long (with tennis shoes of course) and totally enjoyed my vacation.  Before Whole 30  I would not have ! 

Congrats to you on your successful w30 !

Archived