Whole30 newbie!

courtwhole30

Hi!

I have wanted to start the Whole30 for several months but kept making excuses. I finally started on August 16th and just finished my 3rd day today!! I am 40 years old with 3 kids ages 8,6, and 3. My husband and kids are not participating. I am doing pretty well so far with making food choices but I know it gets harder to stay on track. I cannot wait to see how this changes the way I feel. I luckily don't have any major illnesses or much weight to lose but I and still need to make a lifestyle change and feel better overall. Anyone out there start around the same time? I could use a support team to stay on track! 

I'll be starting on Thursday! I don't have any illnesses either, but I know I could feel better than I do. I would like to lose some weight, but that isn't my main priority. I feel fortunate that my husband and both kids (10 and 16) have agreed to participate with me. Looking forward to positive changes!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! How is everyone doing so far? I have been super busy with kids starting back to school this week but I am happy to say I have completed day 12!! It has been tough with making regular food for the kids and not wanting to finish their meals. My husband has been eating the same dinner with me without complaint so far. Eating out stresses me out because I don't want to ruin my hard work! I've eaten a few things out and just hope that it was all the right things. I am traveling this weekend and just plan to take my own food with me. I have been making a few things and eating them at lunch throughout the week and that has worked well. I feel really good and have so much more energy. I was so tired ALL the time and could never pin point why. I am sleeping better, too and my clothes are not quite as tight. It's SO hard to not step on the scale!!

Let me know how you guys are doing!! :)

Archived