Full Tilt Boogie

MeadowLily

My mom is too. Sweet as sugar sometimes so much she lets people run over her. We have to protect her some. Me. Not so much. She tried to teach me how to be a lady but it didn't take. I'm the tomboy, black sheep, independent, opinionated one in the family.

You're everything that Miss Scarlett should be.  Spunky, full of life and ready to conquer the world.  You've kicked ciggies and did a Whole 30 at the same time.  Bravo.  Bravo. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SpinSpin.  Something tells me you've been to Culinary School and you could teach me a thing or two about cooking.  Am I not right?   Yes, I had a waft of good cooking come through my open window.  It was so delicious.   I believe that it's possible to kick T1 and T2 to the curb.   We're not in Kansas anymore.  We're in the land where dreams really do come true.   I believe in miracles.

[/quote

There's no place like home.

There's no place like home.  There's no place like home.  

I heard something comical from one of Maw's cronies.  I told her that she looked good in her jeans and she said her hiney looked like two hard boiled eggs in a hankie. laugh3-smiley.gif?1292867631

Have I ever told you about the squirrels, Georgia?  Let me tell you how it all went down.  My sister had a pet squirrel named Peanut, very original, that she coaxed into the house through the screen door early one morning.  Peanut brought all of his buds with him and they were swinging from the curtains and running along the backside of the couch.  Maw was hollaring her head off and trying to sweep them out with the broom.   My sisters and I were sitting on the couch watching Captain Kangaroo with Mr. Green Jeans.  The squirrels were frantically running around and Maw was crying. We were laughing our heads off and my sister was busy feeding them peanuts. What a frenzied mess.

Maw is brave. She also used a broom to sweep a grizzly bear off of our porch.  She dislocated her shoulder that time.  She's fearless that way.   group-hug2-smiley.gif?1292867610

That's funny Meadow. Ive always had a thing for squirrels ...used to watch them from the sofa and call them "guide" because I could not say squirrel. I have one yard ornanment and its a squirrel.

My mom is too. Sweet as sugar sometimes so much she lets people run over her. We have to protect her some. Me. Not so much. She tried to teach me how to be a lady but it didn't take. I'm the tomboy, black sheep, independent, opinionated one in the family.

That's why we like you.

Miss Kelli,  hope you had a good dinner tonight.  How's the homefront?

Going well. Long busy day at work. One co worker had an emotional breakdown in a meeting and argued with another one. That was a first.

Settled into W30. Not eating nuts; dried fruit. 3 meals a day without snacking. Took me a while to believe I could eat 3 meals a day without blood sugar drops. Eating 2 to 3 cups veggies per meal.

Still working on reintro ....been going slow.

I told her that she looked good in her jeans and she said her hiney looked like two hard boiled eggs in a hankie. [/size][/font][/color]laugh3-smiley.gif?1292867631

Now that's funny. Sounds like your Maw's friend is quite a character.

Going well. Long busy day at work. One co worker had an emotional breakdown in a meeting and argued with another one. That was a first.

Settled into W30. Not eating nuts; dried fruit. 3 meals a day without snacking. Took me a while to believe I could eat 3 meals a day without blood sugar drops. Eating 2 to 3 cups veggies per meal.

Still working on reintro ....been going slow.

Take all the time you need. This is your reintro.

Hi all

What about fruit? apples peaches cherries strawberries pears are this good for a snack? this is my first day I also have tried the Paleo way and had a good success just cant seem to jump back on the wagon. This why I m going to do the whole 30

PS any dudes out there that would like to exchange posts

Hi all

What about fruit? apples peaches cherries strawberries pears are this good for a snack? this is my first day I also have tried the Paleo way and had a good success just cant seem to jump back on the wagon. This why I m going to do the whole 30

First off, avoid snacking on a Whole30. The idea is to create meals of protein, veg and fat that satiate you for 4-5 hours. Until you get there, if you're genuinely hungry between meals (litmus test: you could eat something bland like steamed fish and broccoli), have a mini meal of protein, veg and fat.

Fruit is optional. If you're going to have it, the recommendation is 1-2 servings a day, where a serving is the size of your fist. Don't have it by itself: have it with your meals.

Hi all

Ernest...have you checked out the rules and recommendations yet?

Alrighty then. It's time for me to sign off. I'm working on the sleep portion of the Whole 9 and I have found I go to sleep easier if I'm off the puter a few hours before bed. Everyone have a good evening, sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite.

Alrighty then. It's time for me to sign off. I'm working on the sleep portion of the Whole 9 and I have found I go to sleep easier if I'm off the puter a few hours before bed. Everyone have a good evening, sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite.

I'm doing the same thing. Goodnight all

I watched it...not in the middle of the night.  I am fascinated.  I like the gymnastics and dancing.  It is a pressure cooker situation.  I'm up because of my dog.  It's pitch dark out there and you have to be mindful of critters with large teeth.  They roam around at night looking for a crab apple tree or gooseberry to snack on.  You have to make darned sure there's nothing out there with a scent of any kind.  I wear a shower cap on my head when I cook bacon or put it in the oven.  You know how it sticks in your hair and on your clothes.  I have to drop those clothes after cooking. Starkers.  Stay mindful and present. 

Watch your surroundings at all times.  Don't put your head down.   Same advice in the country or a big ole city.  Never take your eye off the ball.  I don't have a cat.  Cats don't come back.  A neighbor lady used to let her cat go outside with a long rope.  She'd reel it back in and there wouldn't be a cat on the other end.  Coyotes.   Hmmmm mmmmm.   

The top of the food chain.  Everyone is hungry as a bear. 

That's so different.. bacon scent. DH has always said all I would have to do is put bacon grease behind my ears to attract him. LOL.

Good advice to be aware and watch out. Dangers lurk everywhere.

Oh no...poor Kitty. Keep a close eye on Sophie ..

You're up in the middle of the night, too.  Maw does that now, watching her feet. I have to remind her but she's trying not to trip over rocks. Look UP, Maw. Paw still has eagle eyes, but he's doesn't get around like she does.   

So Miss Kelli,  what in the world are we doing up at this hour?  Bear always tells me he's going to use bacon grease on my hiking boots but that's not exactly funny given the events of last week.   :o 

You're up in the middle of the night, too.  Maw does that now, watching her feet. I have to remind her but she's trying not to trip over rocks. Look UP, Maw. Paw still has eagle eyes, but he's doesn't get around like she does.   

So Miss Kelli,  what in the world are we doing up at this hour?  Bear always tells me he's going to use bacon grease on my hiking boots but that's not exactly funny given the events of last week.   :o 

Bacon..not sooo funny at all is it? Think I will try to sleep a bit more. I have one more hour.

Archived