Full Tilt Boogie

MeadowLily

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

That is some awesome sleeping! Last night I got 830 - 530 with no wakeups and no bad dreams. Today is Day 13 of my Whole30 "detoxing" from my recent vacation. Cannot believe that it has taken 13 days to get my sleep back in order. (and that it took 10 full days to get my digestion back in order....if you catch my meaning).

That is some awesome sleeping! Last night I got 830 - 530 with no wakeups and no bad dreams. Today is Day 13 of my Whole30 "detoxing" from my recent vacation. Cannot believe that it has taken 13 days to get my sleep back in order. (and that it took 10 full days to get my digestion back in order....if you catch my meaning).

I know exactly what you mean...some things are just not worth it

Bear is the best home chef in the world.  His cooking exceeds mine by 1000's of miles.  He's better than anyone in my family and I have oodles and scoodles of relatives.  There is nothing that man of mine can't fix.

Some of my dishes are giant lame-o's.   He teaches me every day but he's been cooking for large families since he was a kid.  He didn't have the chance to be a kid.   He lost his father at an early age.  He has always been the man of the house.  A giant of a man...inside and out.  He is a Grizzly Bear.  He fishes and hunts.  He brings home stringers of fish and feeds all of us. Everyone says his cooking is like art and he is my cutie patootie. 

Bear bought me some new running shoes.   You have to replace those after so many months.  They feel like giant cush mattresses on my feet.   I thought  I might fall over.  My old shoes were basically racing flats with almost no cush.  I do feel like I'm walking around in snowshoes.  Wery wery nice.

Anyone here use to buy those soy burgers?  Yuck.  I need a bucket.  As Bear would say.."what is that lump of crap you've just burned in the microwave?"    He's so relieved we don't buy those anymore.  

Another Christmas miracle.

• Administrators

I'm so glad you're sharing that.  Do you think it will be one for one.   One day for every day of vacation?

Maybe!  It is probably directly related to how many gluten free beers and gluten free cookies I had while on said vacation.  LOL.  Although I also have to say that in my defence..........wait..........nope...........I have no defence.  It was an awesome holiday and I would do it all exactly the same again with complete abandon!  Totally worth it!

Maybe!  It is probably directly related to how many gluten free beers and gluten free cookies I had while on said vacation.  LOL.  Although I also have to say that in my defence..........wait..........nope...........I have no defence.  It was an awesome holiday and I would do it all exactly the same again with complete abandon!  Totally worth it!

That's the way you do it.  Planned for and enjoyed.   Guilt free and you gave yourself the authori-TI!

Bear is the best home chef in the world.  His cooking exceeds mine by 1000's of miles.  He's better than anyone in my family and I have oodles and scoodles of relatives.  There is nothing that man of mine can't fix.

Some of my dishes are giant lame-o's.   He teaches me every day but he's been cooking for large families since he was a kid.  He didn't have the chance to be a kid.   He lost his father at an early age.  He has always been the man of the house.  A giant of a man...inside and out.  He is a Grizzly Bear.  He fishes and hunts.  He brings home stringers of fish and feeds all of us. Everyone says his cooking is like art and he is my cutie patootie. 

Bear sounds like a great guy.....we sure do appreciate them once we get them...don't we?

Amazing how much that gluten free stuff wrecks havoc..I pay a big price every time I consume any.

• Administrators

Amazing how much that gluten free stuff wrecks havoc..I pay a big price every time I consume any.

I'm usually good with A Cookie.  Or A Beer once every couple weeks.  But beer and cookies every day?  The first 1-9 days of the trip I thought "Man, I must have lucked out, I feel totally fine, yippee!!!" and then Day 10 happened.  Or more specifically NOTHING happened.....painfully.  For DAAAAAAAAAAYS.  LOL.

Prepping food for the week. Took Friday off so enjoying being home and cooking. Cooked two spaghetti squashes so far. Making sauce.

Both grandkids will be here tomorrow ...think I will make so pork roasts to get anead too.

I'm usually good with A Cookie.  Or A Beer once every couple weeks.  But beer and cookies every day?  The first 1-9 days of the trip I thought "Man, I must have lucked out, I feel totally fine, yippee!!!" and then Day 10 happened.  Or more specifically NOTHING happened.....painfully.  For DAAAAAAAAAAYS.  LOL.

I am just like that...takes several days for it to all kick in. Certainly not saying you shouldn't ...more trying to figure it out for myself

I've been binge watching the Big D show reruns.   You know the one....cheerleaders :ph34r:  :ph34r:   

I'm trying to learn how to do those high kicks and have asked Bear to be my co-cheerleader. He says absolutely NOT!   I want to practice my kickline.  I am completely fascinated with this program.  It's the gymnastics and dancing.  I lurve watching the leaders.  Tough love all of the way.  They don't mince words even with all of the bawling and boo-hooing.  Yeah, I'm hooked.  :D They've reeled me in.  I can't wait for today's reruns.  I run around the house and clean during the commercials.  The uniforms.  I think it reminds me of a tribe.

Maw showed up during the last 10 minutes of yesterday's show.  Oooo multi-crap!  I didn't get to see the end.  We went to the cement pond and I gave it my all.  swim2.gif

If this was too easy, we'd never have met. I don't think it's difficult now...at all.  Hang in there, everyone.  Keep doing the right things and don't ever let the scale dissuade you.  That hunk of metal can be quite a hurdle.  If I've gone missing, you know I'm watching the Big D with my poms.  :ph34r:  I have to be careful or Bear might load me up on a bus and send me to the Big D.   I'll practice the kickline on my own.  I'll use a couple of trees for my arm supports.

Hello My name is Liss and I'm a bad carb addict. I'm Here!!!! Finally, eh? Haha

Happy to see yous all here. I need to go back and read pages 3-5  of this thread but I just wanted to stop in and say Hello!

I am a borderline diabetic and working towards not crossing that border. Ever. I am also looking to be my healthiest self so I can be proud of things I'm able to do with this body I've been given. I'd like to clear up my rosacea as well. 

I am cutting back to white potatoes once every two weeks if I can. The sweet taters have grown on me.

Kelli - we're on the same wavelength. I'll be prepping tomorrow - spaghetti squash, kalua pork and roasted veggies. I need to throw a new one in the mix but I haven't decided which one yet. I never got around to cooking that bok so maybe I'll try that. 

Last week was crazy family stuff... this week has been crazy work stuff. If I hadn't lost my fitbit charger I think my steps would've been through the roof I did so much running around and hardly any sitting. But I'm back. Yay! I missed all the motivational posts. :)

No, not really.   You grill the fish, throw on your ghee or clarified butter.  Add roasted vege on the side. Fresh fish are better than those who've been left in the store for over a day or so. There's nothing like fresh fish within hours on the table.  You need an expert griller, BBQ'r, chef, fisherman to have all of the above.  

Bear uses no recipes.  He never makes the same thing twice.  He knows his ingredients and perfects as he goes.   It's taken him years of practice to reach his level of expertise.  I can't compete and wouldn't even try.   I stand back in amazement.  We all like to watch the pro at work.  It's a smooth, fluid motion in the kitchen.  Such a blurr, it's like a dance.

Archived