Full Tilt Boogie

MeadowLily

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See your future self 10 years down the road.   You'll make smarter decisions now, that goes for everything.  It's like blowing all of your savings on toys thinking they'll make you happy in the short run. They don't.   Pace yourself and see yourself 10 years from now.  

quote-A.-J.-Jacobs-the-key-to-making-hea 

It's all about the balance.  Really.

Tao Te Ching

When people see things as beautiful

Ugliness is created.

When people see things as good

Evil is created.

Being and non-being produce each other

Difficult and easy compliment each other

Long and short define each other

High and low oppose each other

Fore and Aft follow each other

Male and Female

Shady side and the Sunny Side

Night and Day

Defiency and Excess

Cold and Heat

Thrill eating.  Eat all of the things or nothing. 

All and Nothing

Steel toed boots and Barefoot

Work and Play

Controlling and Freedom

Sickness and Health

Codependency and Honoring your own feelings and emotions

Point Center = Balance and Harmony

When we honor someone else's feelings and emotions more important than our own we start shoving our emotions down with food.  They're still there and they need a release.  Over-restricting our food and over-extending ourselves with exercise (trying to out-exercise a food addiction) only adds to the tangled web of codependency. 

It's not so easy to do but you can definitely move into trusting your own emotions and intuition.  Move forward into the future in a balanced way.   Try a firm yet gentle way for the permanent WIN.

Whole 30 is structure yet flexible. It's reasonable restriction and not over-restriction.

Using  food for self-validation  or giving yourself food rewards is a continuation of love from family and friends.  It's a huge part of our childhood conditioning. 

On the first part of the journey,  learning to honor my hunger and moving out of codependency by learning to honor my own thoughts and feelings.   We are individual like out fingerprints.  No two of us are alike.  One size does not fit all.

Be structured and flexible.  Assertive and receptive.  

If you can't lead yourself, don't be afraid to ask for help until you can learn to no longer shove your feelings and emotions down with food or try and starve them away.  They're still there and they need to find a way for balanced release.   There is a way without weigh and whey.  

Whole 30.   On our own.  Who are you when no one else is looking.   

There will come a time when your group walks on into their future as it should be. They only needed 30 days for their Food Reset.   Others take longer for the Head Reset.  There's no one around or looking at you.  You're all on your own.  It feels completely like freedom. 

You hope someone will buzz the tower and do a few flyby's.   They may not.  You keep marching on towards the future.   There's no koolaid stands along the way. You may encounter some artesian springs for a cool drink of water. 

No one here for to give you no pain or marsh your mellow.  You're tooling along with the trade winds. Every now and again you eat a few bugs, grasshoppers, lawn clippings and pinecones.  Your food freedom now carries over into other parts of your life.  

You're not shoving feelings down with food.  Out of the abundance of your heart your mouth is speaking. It's no longer the reverb from bowls of pasta, bread bowls, bread bread, stale bread, cornbread, croutons or french toast.   When you clear all of the bread out you may find herbs and spices.  You learn to relate to the mystery of crickets outside of your door.  

Did they go out for lunch.  Are they at the rib shack for the most perfect rack.  Eating a pile or eating a stack.  Heck-a-toot,  some may be eating a whole back.  This ain't no flack...they've just found the knack.

The knack and the inside track.  

Their life is now complete. 

Your real friends and pretendians.   :D   Real friends let you have total freedom to be yourself. 

Whatever you're feeling at the moment they allow you to be who you really are.  Real friends aren't afraid to feel your pain.   Real friends don't need you to only exist when they need something.  

Real friends are like the stars, you won't always see them but you know they're out there. 

Pretendians will leave you stranded along the road with your car broken down and hood up...they'll drive by and wave out the window...."Sorry, it's tee time...gotta run".   I had a pretendian friend like that once.  A golf ball was more important than friendship.

I didn't have a phone and I was broken down on the highway.  I waited a long time for someone to come by and help me.  I was scared.   You don't forget things like that but you choose to forgive. 

It took me well over a year for the weight releasing.   There's no such thing as the Finish Line for weight stability.  You're going to have to fight for it.   You have to want it with everything within your being not to return to the thrill eating and more dieting to compensate for the food benders.

As the years go by, dieting doesn't work.  It never did work but it stops working. For real.  The old dog and pony show lays down and goes to sleep on you.  It's over.  Toast.  Multi-crap has hit the fan for the last time.

You've reached that final fork in the road and NOW you have to take it.   I remember that like it was yesterday.  How it felt and what it did to me.  It crushed my spirit.  I wanted to hide out at the Not Okay Corral. 

I keep going.  You have to move to balance your bicycle.  You don't want to fall off and skin your body up or break your bones. 

Fruit and Nut Whole 30's won't take you there.  It's good to slay that sugar/carb dragon because he comes right back at you when your resolve and energy is low.    There is no Sugar/Carb Dragon for Dummies manual...that slippery sucker changes his tactics all of the time.  He is no dummy and can outsmart the best of them.

Choices and Consequences.   I still have to think things through and I am not on automatic pilot. Everything did not naturally fall into place without turbulence and rough patches.  That would be a bunch of hooey now. 

For many years I was on automatic pilot.   Thrill Eating and Dieting.   That got me nowhere good. I went all of the way down to the bottom of the marsh...mellow.   Everything was marshed.   I'm not going out like that.   I can't go back there.   

If someone (me) left the recipe out in the rain,  I don't know if I'd have the gumption and guts to follow it again.  Some days my mind fights against my body and vice versa.  It's a battle all of the way.  Sugar/Carb Dragon doesn't play nice in the sandbox.   He doesn't give two hoots what you do with yourself or to yourself.  He's Round-Up Ready....ready to Rope N Ride and throw you under the bus and drive over you with it.   He doesn't give one iota about you.

But you do.   You care.  You have to care.   Don't stop caring about yourself.   Stick with a WINNING strategy.  Encourage yourself when that yellow-bellied lily-livered sapsucker tries to slip back under your door.  He is a sneaky snake,  that one. 

Others around you may grow road weary.  They're over it and do not want to hear another word about your Whole 30.   Don't cry.   Cowgirls Don't Cry.    You just get back up on your horse and ride to the Okay Corral.

Go for a ride out along the trail, sing a few cowgirl songs and pick yourself back up.  There may not be anyone  there but you to pull the cactus or sagebrush out of your britches.   It's alright now.  

We're gonna make it,  'cause I ain't going back where I came from.  I can't go there.  

Cowgirls don't cry.  Ride,  baby,  ride.

Lessons in life are gonna show you in time

Soon enough you're gonna know why

It's gonna hurt every now and then

If you fall....get back on again

Cowgirls don't cry

But it's your party.  Cry if you want to.   I don't mind. 

Drive-by Fruitings.  

If you eliminate fruit for your Whole 30 but immediately head back for the sugar sugars, upside down sugars on Day 31....STOP.   Before you do that,  add your fruit back in with a meal as  recommended for a Whole 30.

Do not go back for all of the refined sugars.   If 30 days of being completely fruitless did not starve the sugar/carb dragon out...then add the 1-2 servings of fruit back in with a meal.  

Far, far better to have fruit with fiber than multi-crap that results in rebound everything.  I've read reintro runaway wagon posts.   Mentally eliminating every favorite food can end up with more food obsessions.

I don't go for inbetween meal fruitings but I am not fruitless.   I believe eating fruit with a meal or used as a condiment has kept the flywheel from flying off.  I can say that because I'm still here with weight stability.   

I used to diet and eliminate fruit.  It became a habit.  I would return to the multi-crap and fruit was the last thing I thought about because it was no go on zero carb diets.   I was fruitless but my dieting efforts ended up fruitless, too.

The mentally healthy approach for me.   When sneaky snake comes knockin' on my door...far better to go out for a great steak dinner and eat some berries or a piece of fruit immediately after than to feel sorry for yourself because everyone else is eating a piece of cheesecake or a bakery item.   

A piece of fruit right then and there can mean the difference between a thrill eating food bender that doesn't stop for days and months on end.  Flip that switch.   

I avoided fruit for years and it didn't work.   It became a faux foe.   I'd let years of dieting ruin fruit for me and become the enemy.   That kind of thinking took a long time to get out of my head.  I don't believe fruit is the enemy for a thrill eater after a Whole 30.

Fibery fruit does not react the same in my system as cheesecake, desserts, ice cream or candy.   

To avoid reintro nightmares, if you've been avoiding fruit for 30 days,  add a piece or two back in.  Your Whole 30 is over and you're trying to create a plan you can live with for the rest of your life.

I'm not going to eliminate  whole foods.   Being fruitless didn't work, it felt like all of my years of dieting without it which resulted in rebound weight gain every single time.

This is the first time that has not happened.   I am fruitful but not multiplying.   It's still a mystery why sugar sugars are the first thing reached for after 30 days.   Break that cycle.  Go out for a steak or fish,  eat a piece of fruit at the end.   Flip the switch.   

Keep going.  You may find 2 years later that this  is one of the keys that unlocks the mystery of secret eating and multi-crap thrill eating food benders.   

I am not an All or Nothing person.  I don't believe I'm a Moderator.   I'm not a Moderator.   :lol: 

I am following the  Template, Template, Template.  ISWF says I can have 1-2  daily  total pieces of fruit with a meal.   It says so on Page 157. 

I do that.  It works.  It works.  It works. 

Archived