Full Tilt Boogie

MeadowLily

Laurie.  I'm so glad you're here with me today.  Right now.  

You have helped me change.  I've told others that.   Two years ago, I was numbed out with food. Shoving my feelings down.  I look back at those old posts....who was that anyway.  

It helps when you share what you've been through.  It helps me.  You are really in touch with your feelings.  Don't ever stop.   Your heart is what I desire...straight to the heart of the matter.  I bawled my head off with you as the months went by.   I needed to.  It was good medicine, it woke me up.

I miss that Miki.  She made us howl with laughter.  Dcducks had a way with everyone.  A real people person.  Deb with all of that food knowledge.   CC motivated us to get out there and move it.   Rose is a poet.  Higs - nature and wonder woman. 

Hutlifr, you and me..here and accounted for.   We've been through alot this past year.  

The journey is not over.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We hand out good gifts.  Bags of homemade jerkys or take a homecooked meal by someone's home. Good food is a healer.  Bear says good food fixes everything and you can tell when it's made with love. 

A few weeks ago, Easter,  someone we barely know brought by a plate of burnt cookies made out of commercial dough from the grocery store.  All of the bottoms were totally burnt to a crisp...loaded to the gills with chemicals and sugar.   I said to Bear,  why did they do that.   He said, because they were too cheap to throw them into the garbage and thought that I would eat them.

He said,  throw those things in the trash.  Right now.   I did. It's still a mystery why someone would bring a dog's breakfast by our house.   So you know what we did.  We fixed up a wonderful meal and took that by in return.   No burnt offerings of multi-crap.

That'll teach 'em.  

Fat is not a feeling.   

There are many ways to accidentally body shame oneself. 

Constantly talking about your dieting and weight loss goals

Telling others you feel fat

Asking others if they've lost weight or how much do they weigh so you can say "I feel fat"

Acting concerned about others health when really trolling for their weight stats ..saying "I feel fat"

Criticizing your weight in front of others

Equating weight with intelligence

These are some of the things I have worked on to remove from my vocabulary.

I equate success = stability.  Ten years down the road.  Not for the short-term challenge but now and always.   

Fat talk isn't just a girl code.  You hear it everywhere.  It makes you feel unhappy in your own skin.

Fat talk primes the pump for food addictions and disorders.  Weight loss competitions and challenges. 

Continue positive talk over your body.  There are times when you need to bow out of the room. When the discussion turns to sizing up bodies and faces.  No matter how negative the conversation, lending your voice to them only reinforces it's power over you.  Remove yourself if you need to. 

No one has to live in your body.  We've been socialized to talk about "feeling fat" and obsess over diets and weight.  Make a pact with yourself.   Stay Strong in these situations.  Don't join in with another cycle of self-criticism or discussing other peoples weights and what you see them eating. 

It doesn't do any body or any mind any good.  

If they come to you,  offer your help how they can quit dieting and body shaming, hurting their self-esteem and those around them. 

Constant dieting will keep you "feeling fat".    Making plans for the food explosion after Day 30 will keep you "feeling fat".   But dieting is not a feeling.   It is an activity that keeps priming the pump.

I don't have any progress photos.  I threw all of my before photos in the bin...with the dieting and self-help books.    It was my way of making a clean getaway without weigh and whey.  

Befores and Afters can cause anxiety about measuring up.  How success should look outwardly.   Success = Stability starts inwardly.   You may not see that in progress photos but it's there.  

Healing begins from the inside out at the cellular levels.   Deep, deep within the grooves of my brain.

Hi, my name is Kael and I am a recovering potato chip/salted caramel gelato/mochi addict! I'm only on day 28 of my first round, but it looks like this is the fun room!!! I hope you accept me as I am!

Hi, my name is Kael and I am a recovering potato chip/salted caramel gelato/mochi addict! I'm only on day 28 of my first round, but it looks like this is the fun room!!! I hope you accept me as I am!

I like to have a lorra lorra fun.  So much fun that it helped me to bow out of dieting.  I use fun, music, dancing and ridge walking as alternatives to weight loss everything.   I prefer solar flaring.  

When I ruined my relationship with food by constant dieting...I had to start thinking differently to budge that broken down wagon train out of my brain grooves.  It was stuck in the murky, sharky waters. There was a scratch in the recording.  

Wash.  Rinse.  Repeat.  

I was a duck.  Calm above the waters and swimming like hail underneath.  I wasn't going anywhere.  My home was in the reeds.  Always hiding and hoping the predator couldn't see me. Sneaky Snake or Sugar/Carb Dragon.    So I started swimming out in the open waters. There's been some inevitable rough seas.

rubberduck.jpg

Tell is how you feel... We wanna hear non scale victories...

Tell is how you feel... We wanna hear non scale victories...

I look around and say, "Who me?"

Oh! I feel so special! Like a faerie in a grove of leprechauns!

I can feel my body morph before my very eyes! Well, looking in a silvery pond, as I cannot see my body in its fullness looking down upon it. I can also sense my spirit lightening and my mindset transforming from one of a fat to a svelte faerie. My blood is that of a tigress and my heart is that of a warrior. I can go hours without a single thought of food and, when hungry, I can wait a while still. I only wish to fuel my mind, body, and spirit with nutrition and deliciousness. My energy is neither high nor low, but steady and calm.

Thanks, Kaelisan.   You rock and you've got this. 

Cheers  

Hutlifr, what have you been cooking lately.  Any new creations.  I hope your friends are thriving down on the farm.

Laurie,   is your weather nice and sunny.  We still have the snow falling here and there.

Forget about quick transformations.  They are an illusion. 

Create your own positive food management plan afer 30 days.  Focus on life waaay into the future.  Have a plan to deal with the mind warp the scale throws at you.  Find your balance between completely overreaching and totally underachieving = dieting.

Over-restriction = dieting is lowering your food intake too far, forcing yourself to deal with chronic hunger over too long a period of time.  Over-restriction is definitely a trigger for binge eating and causes massive cravings for pretty much everything.  Over-restriction is self-inflicted starving.

After the binge,  followed by make-up for binge eating by stripping meals and adding a bunch of super intense cardio followed by oops - yet another binge cycle.  And long term, that approach will get you nowhere good.  

The Shock and Awe approach to everything can be brutual and sets up more vicious cycles. 

Spend time with people who appreciate you the way you are.  Don't waste energy trying to compete with everyone else.   You'll have a better shot at getting there and actually staying there. Less mental and emotional struggle and a better retention of how new healthy whole foods works with new habits.

A quick transformation is smoke and mirrors. 

I understand. There are days we can't get out because of snowy roads and blizzards.  We keep the fire burning, make sure everyone is safe ...watch old movies, music and dancing and eat good food.  

The snows fall and the winds blow, the alpha wolf lives and the pack survives. 

PACK.png

The Strength Of The Pack

I am learning how important those words are.  I choose to isolate when I'm sad but I need to let the pack help me.  There are packs all over the world who have shown me kindness and love. 

Archived