Full Tilt Boogie

MeadowLily

Music is a healer.

Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy. 

Music should strike fire from the heart of man, and bring tears from the eyes of woman.

Ludwig Van Beethoven

Music has charms to sooth a savage beast, to soften rocks, or bend a knotted oak.

William Congreve

I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me - like food or water.

Ray Charles

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drink Green Tea to prevent hair loss.

• The anti-inflammatory properties in green tea help to stop hair loss and even promote the growth of new hair. That means that you can use it to cleanse your scalp and fight scalp infections that may weaken your hair roots.Remember that healthy scalp makes it more possible for hair to grow.
  • Green tea contains DHT-blockers called “5-alpha-reductase”. Because green tea helps block DHT “Dihydrotestosterone”, it helps stop one of the main causes of baldness. The good news is that unlike prescriptive hair loss treatments, it has no side effects.

You may have noticed that green tea brewed at lower temperatures contains more Theanine; the ingredient responsible for increasing your brain’s production of dopamine to give you an alert, yet relaxed awareness [Source].

Therefore, not only your hair will benefit, but also your soul, and your whole health, too will benefit from green tea. Make sure you drink organic green tea for best results.

http://www.tipsfornaturalbeauty.com/1467/how-does-green-tea-help-control-hair-loss/#.VzoWC9QrJkh

Green-tea-for-hair-loss.jpg?resize=849%2

Remember the Cabbage Soup Diet.   This one time at band camp while I was away from home,  Maw decided to go on the CSD.  Paw's clothes, everyone's clothes reeked with the aroma of the CSD.  Paw had a Coffee Club that he attended every day with his brother.

When he plopped down into the booth, his clothes drove every man away.  They thought things that were not true.  Paw wondered what was going on.  Outside, the dawn lit and he knew his clothes were reeking of boiled cabbage soup.  So awful.  

Maw had to rewash all of our clothes and sent his coats to the cleaners.  What a mess that was. No more Cabbage Soup at our house.  The things people will do in their quest for finding a tiny hiney. cavitysearch-smiley.gif?1292867566

One day, I'll be returning back to a job with pay.  Right now,  I work for free.  

I think I am sweeter and kinder.  I hope so.   But I remember the days of wanting to go home @ 5 PM, coworkers wanting to talk to me and I'm thinking I don't give two hoots what you're saying anymore.  It's past 5 PM and  please stop talking now.  Thanks and Bye Felicia.

I was skipping breakfast and lunch back then.  My hormones must've been hail on heels.  

I've changed.   We can change what we eat.   Good food fixes everything.  

Most of us don't want to trade in our families for a new one.   Our old friends may not understand why we're making huge changes.    Learning curves are not in a straight line.  Be patient,  it takes awhile before they see that you mean business.  For real. 

Find exercise that you enjoy and do it on your own terms.  The entirety of life can be just too huge to contemplate with a pricey gym membership or driving long distances to get there.

Get dressed and walk out your door.   Do something you enjoy at a speed above completely still.  If your exercise program is something you dread today, it won't be sustainable 10 years from now.  Consistency is better than hit and miss.  Here a little and there a little .  All or nothing.

• 2 months later...
On 8/21/2015 at 7:54 PM, MeadowLily said:

Salmon+butter.jpg

Once upon a time, in a land far away, I used to drink HFCS cranberry juice every morning with coffee.  I always used cream in my coffee and thought it was the most fab of combinations. I raved on about the sweet tartness of juice and swilled alternate slurps of  CJ and coffee. By the time I was finished, I was so jacked up that I was driving like Mario Andretti bounding 'round the corners on two wheels coming into the parking lot at work.  My boss used to tell me that as he watched me coming in for a landing. That was the extent of my brekkie. 

Over two years ago I gave up everything made with HFCS, juices, gummy candies, all of it.  It's difficult to find any item in the center aisles of the grocery store that does not have HFCS. Those juicy juice boxes and bottles of watered down HFCS cranberry juice, you can live without those.

mango-chicken-salad-in-avocado-boats-rec

IMG_8790.jpg

I have a fancy schmancy vita-mix and used to make all kinds of green drinks and smoothies. My husband said,  we need to start making those green drinks again.  Yuck.  I need a bucket.

I've never like the taste of spirulina or seaweed or old grass clippings.  I eat fish, fish, fish all of the time so I don't believe I need any additional iodine or green drinks.  I know myself well enough now that I couldn't force one down.  

I don't eat baby food or smoothies.  I can't remember the last time I've seen a 240 lb baby. Baby food is formulated for babies and not adults. I will not be going back to smoothies either.

Archived