Started this crazy journey on Monday...

Greg Pesot

...so far so good...

the toughest thing for me will be Diet Pepsi and cold beers!

haven't had much of a problem with the foods although the pantry and kitchen at home do not support this diet as I'm amrried to an Italian and have three growing young men (14,12, and 10)

three days in and clothes feel a little looser! feel like I've got more energy and sleeping better although I'm waking up an hour before my alarm goes off!

today I've got a splitting headache that started last night and has continued into this morning!

Any advice???

looking forward to following everybody on here and using the support of the forum to help avoid temptation at home!

Good luck all!

Greg

I'm meeting a friend for dinner tonight before going to my son's back to school night and I'm definitely not going to have a beer but may have to have a glass of wine as a substitute...

red or white? Is there a preference to one or another as far as the Whole 30 goes?

• Moderators

Maybe others with more personal experience than me will offer some advice. I have rarely had any cravings and switched to drinking tap water when I did my first Whole30 without thinking twice about it.

I do know that going in 100 percent (all or nothing) right away is easier than making gradual changes.

Gregpesot,

Some people find that Kombucha (a brewed and slightly fermented tea) helps with the pop cravings. I was not a huge pop drinker before this but I find it nice as a "fancy drink" along with supper. I generally cut it with some water. The taste takes a little bit to acquire to as the first time I tasted it, it reminded me of vinegar. But by week 2 I found the slightly sweet taste, and the light "fizz" kind of good. Reminds me of drinking pop.

Ideally if you can stick it out with water - that is the best.

BTW - I also live with an italian. My best defence on pasta night is Well Fed's (Theclothesmake the girl) comfort noodles. They are super yummy and comforting - kind of like pasta.

Best of luck to you!

Hey Greg, I am on day three, and going through similar drink withdrawls. I was a big energy drinker, and heck, I even drank water with mixed vitamins, and even flavored sparkeling water. All of that is off the table with this program due to the sweetners/additives. I am resorting to club soda with lemon or lime, and drinking good quality teas. A good green tea seems to be a fix for me for the energy drink withdraw. I am going to buy a few good Paleo cookbooks and expand my horizon after day 12 of this program. I think that will open a ton of opportunities for food and drink....

Archived