Starting over :-(

Suzanne72

So 3 days ago I cheated. Not a big cheat, but a cheat. I didn't feel like any snowball effect was happening and I didn't want to start over so I clicked the link in my daily email that indicated I'd had a good day. Two days ago I cheated again. Again a small cheat and I continued to be dishonest with myself and Whole 9. Yesterday I did great all day but did another small cheat at night. I still clicked that darn "I made it" link at the end of the email. Today I woke up feeling horrible, both physically and mentally. As much as I hate the idea of starting over at this point (this should be my Day 22), I find that I must. Really 30 days is not a long time and I'm more pissed at the food demons for sabotaging my success. I never did end up writing down any goals for myself and so I will be writing some today. Also, I did not read my daily email yesterday until this morning and now I see that this is a common time for cravings to return. Had I read that in a more timely manner, I might have saved myself at least some of this grief. I'm also going to start logging my journey. I thought I could do this on sheer willpower with a little support from this forum, but the part I was missing was the accountability.

So here I am - September 12th - Day 1 - Take Two

Hi Suzanne!

I had to start over twice as well. But my misteps were accidental. The first time I had a mistep I nearly let myself spiral. I did have a bit of a breakdown, but overall I decided to stick with it and not to lose composure. But I made the choice to add on days to my original 30. I had to be honest with myself and admit while it wasn't really my fault it wasn't 100% clean either. So now I'm doing the Whole 45.

Remember if you cheat, no one knows but you. But you have to live with the consquences. This is for you - not anybody else.

Best of luck to you! You can do this!!!!

No shame in starting over! Giving up completely would be worse. :)

Some people can do this once and change their life. I am not one of those people. I have been making a slower shift in the right direction most of the year but after many months of trying I am in a really good place about it right now. Still more work to be done, but each month it gets easier and I get closer to being the healthiest me I can be. That's plenty good enough for me. :)

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I am determined to be 100% successful this time. :)

Greg, I do really enjoy the emails. I find them very reassuring and encouraging. Most of what is written in them resonates with how I am feeling on that particular day. There are some sections that I gloss over, but overall I'd say my money was very well-spent.

And jhmomi - what I LOVE is that it never once occurred to me to give up. I was just disappointed with the idea of starting over. I can feel changes in my health already and I'm not ready for these feelings to end. Just got a little antsy is all and let my demons get the best of me. And I know a cheat is a cheat is a cheat, but I am also glad that my cheats were not monumental so it's not like I'm just throwing the program out the window, I just started a little re-introduction before it was time. :)

Suzanne72 I am so happy that you started over! It is hard to admit but I had to restart 2 times before completing my first W30! Today is my Day 30! I am SO glad I restarted... it was well worth it. I feel more confident in my choices but I still have issues I need to work on... Sugar is still calling my name... So... I have decided to take mine to W60 and look forward to feeling this good longer!

Good luck starting over! I'm thinking about getting the daily email... do you find it helpful? Encouraging? Just curious...

Yes... the daily email support is the best! Ironically (or not :) ) It gives you the information when you need it... Best investment I have ever made.

Archived