My second rodeo. How am I doing my first week?

In April I finished my first W30 but in my re-intro with the dairy I got an ugly sinus infection that knock me out for a week. So I never finished. It has been a week the second time is slightly easier.

This is a short snapshot of my week:

Mon-scramble eggs with/chicken apple sausage (lunch chicken w/vegg) dinner-shrimps/grapes (snack nuts)

Tues-2 hb eggs (snack)peach lunch Japanese-shamini (snack)nuts-walnuts, sunflower seeds dinner-2 turkey patties was/veggie

Wednesday eggs w/chicken apple sausage (chicken salad )dinner -pork chops w/kale (snack nuts)

Sat-2 HB eggs spinach avocado lunch shamini Japanese salad (dinner -hamburger wrap/tortilla soups/o chesse and strips.

Sun-scrambled eggs w/spinach avocado (lunch chicken kale salad)dinner chipotle beef and chicken veggie bowl

So did I do?

My week following the mantras:

No wine, only black coffee, unsweetened tea, no dairy, grains rice, pasta no bread,reading labels no sugar

Doing pretty well I would say. There is some fine tuning that you can do. Make sure every meal 1 has vegetables and a palm sized portion of protein remembering that a serving of eggs when they are your only protein is as many whole ones as you can hold in your hand. Don't let fruit push veggies off your plate, I see a couple of meals with fruit but not veggies. If you are needing to snack that is probably a sign your meals are not big enough. If you need more food though try to make it a mini meal comprised of at least two of the categories...eating fruit or nuts by themselves isn't a best option. 

Keep up your good work!

Going on the third week -what I missed most my cream in my coffee and my daily glass of wine. Also, I usually had chicken susage but I haven't found any that was complian. But I saw a pork ground recipe that looks delicious.

On my re-introduction, where does my wine fall in categories- is not grains,diary, possibly sugar? Legumes,

Because I miss my cream in coffee, I will start there.( with dairy )I would love to have a glass of wine that same night but I don't know if I mess up my reintroduction.

I usually don't eat legumes as a rule or diary with the exception of cream in my coffee. Grains I eat sparingly, a slice of toast when I go out for breakfast,

A side note, First time I did the W30 I lost 12 pounds, I hoping the same this time, I worked out 3-4 times a week.

Ok I am a few days away (Friday)from completing the W30 challenge. My re-introduction will look like this:

Saturday- my glass of wine. Sunday and Monday-evaluate

Tuesday-dairy b/f yogurt and cream in my coffee, lunch-chesse on my salad and dinner ice cream- Wednesday,Thursday evaluate

Friday-legumes-peanut butter on apple, lunch beans and dinner suchi and shamini w/soy-Saturday Sunday evaluate

Monday-non gluten grains-oatmeal , white rice, and white bread-Tuesday Wednesday (any other suggestions?)

Thursday-gluten grains wheat toast b/f or a muffin lunch wheat pasta-Friday and Saturday

How does that look- is it compliant w/re-introduction ?

I work out and I did protein shakes w/fruits after workouts before - where would that fit in the re-introduction?

And where is sugar in the re-introduction phase?

I personally would recommend giving soy its own introduction day. I react differently to soy than other legumes.

I would wait on the protein shakes until after you complete your other reintroductions.

Sugar doesn't require its own day...personal preference really. I waited until I finished my other introductions. If you are going to do ice cream on dairy day be mindful of the other ingredients in it.

Ok I am a few days away (Friday)from completing the W30 challenge. My re-introduction will look like this:

Saturday- my glass of wine. Sunday and Monday-evaluate

Tuesday-dairy b/f yogurt and cream in my coffee, lunch-chesse on my salad and dinner ice cream- Wednesday,Thursday evaluate

Friday-legumes-peanut butter on apple, lunch beans and dinner suchi and shamini w/soy-Saturday Sunday evaluate

Monday-non gluten grains-oatmeal , white rice, and white bread-Tuesday Wednesday (any other suggestions?)

Thursday-gluten grains wheat toast b/f or a muffin lunch wheat pasta-Friday and Saturday

How does that look- is it compliant w/re-introduction ?

I work out and I did protein shakes w/fruits after workouts before - where would that fit in the re-introduction?

And where is sugar in the re-introduction phase?

White bread contains gluten, so move that reintro to Thursday.

That's ok. Bethany and I already responded above, so start there. :-)

I hid your other duplicate post in the reintro section. This way all your responses stay in one place. If you want to move this thread from Troubleshooting into Reintroduction, simply PM me or another moderator.

Archived